Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Yesterday's workout wore me out - I was so exhausted afterwards and never really got my energy back!  I even went to bed at 9:30 - took my Nook upstairs just in case I woke up in the middle of the night unable to sleep anymore, but didn't need it.  I conked out all night long!  My butt and my thighs are a little sore this morning but nothing compared to what they were last night.  I looked up the difference between dumbbell thrusters and push-presses because they looked so similar in the videos and discovered I was not doing the thrusters correctly.  You're supposed to squat deeped for thrusters than for push-presses, and kinda hold the weight over your head for a second or two and descend your arms slowly, so that's what I did.  Let me tell you...I can feel it in my thighs and ass today!!

Today's workout will be a difficult one for me, since I'm not a runner and it consists of nothing BUT running!  I will give it my best shot though. 

   For time:
     Run 1600 meters
     Rest 3 minutes
     Run 1200 meters
     Rest 2 minutes
     Run 800 meters
     Rest 1 minute
     Run 400 meters

I've mentioned before - 400 meters is just a hair over 1/4 mile.   Today's workout is for a total of 2.5 miles, which I've done on my treadmill before - just not running.  I will run as much and as far as I can and will definitely improve from my previous runs.  Just know - my time will probably be the suckiest today.  I got this, though.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment