Thursday, October 25, 2012

I seriously believe Jenni is trying to kill me!!  For those of you who don't know, Jenni is the one who posts the CrossFit Mamas blog.  I don't think it's her, but I picture the woman on the top of the blog page with a megaphone in hand screaming at  me, "Run, Berta, run!!!" and giving off the snarkiest, evilist laugh!  Did I mention there is more running in the workout today?  Oh yeah...there is.  At least it's less than yesterday and the day before.  Running....yay.  When I said I wanted to be a runner, I didn't mean I wanted to be an EVERY day runner!  lol  - At least there are no one-legged squats today!

Today's workout is for run time and "tabata" time (I'll explain that below):
   Run 1000 meters (.62/mile)
   Rest 4 minutes
   8 rounds of dumbbell "tabata" thrusters
     - "tabata" - do as many reps each round of 20 seconds, rest 10 seconds in between rounds
        - during rest period, write down number of reps
        - "tabata" time is the lowest number
           - EX:  someone had a run time of 4:23 and tabata time of 11
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1000 meters - 10:50 - I did my usual walk/run combo but at a different speed - walked 4 blocks @ 3.1/mph and ran 4 blocks @ 4.1/mph

SO mad at tabata thrusters!  I used two 12# dumbbells (total of 24 lbs) and did 12 reps, 11 reps, 11 reps, 10 reps, 10 reps, 10 reps, 9 reps, 8 reps.  This brings  my tabata time to 8!!  One lousy round of 8 and that's what I have to use!  Why can't we average it?  My average would have been 10!  I don't know - I just do what they tell me.  :)

I thought this sounded like a very easy workout, but the thrusters were killer at the rate of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off!  I finally got my breathing back to normal, but am still sweating right now!

I really need to remember to stretch my calves - they are burning SO bad right after I run 1/4 mile - I had to stop and stretch them again today.  Then, when my run was over - they started cramping up on me - so more stretches.  I really thought running would get easier, but so far it's not.  :/  I get so frustrated with that! 

At least I ended my exercise on a positive note today with the thrusters - until I hit my last rep!  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment