Friday, October 26, 2012

This week's workouts have really worn me out.  I'm usually a semi-night owl - meaning I go to bed anywhere between 11:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. and get up at 6: a.m.  Well...this week I have gone to bed at 9:30 p.m. on three different nights!  Normally whenever I go to bed that early, I always wake up around 3:00 a.m. and cannot go back to sleep - not this week.  SO exhausted.  I'm guessing it's from all of that running that Jenni has been making me do.  ;)  Guess what today's workout includes?  Yup...it do.  BUT - it's not very much/far - I should be able to do all of the running with NO walking!  YAY!!

Today's workout is 5 rounds for time:
   12 push press w/20 lbs
   40 meter sprint (0.024/mile)
   8 hang squat cleans w/20 lbs

I am going to run the sprint and plan on running faster than my normal speed of 4.1/mph.  Wish me luck!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6:24 - As prescribed with 24 lb dumbbells!!  WOO-HOO!!  I not only did today's workout as rx'd, BUT I stayed within everyone else's times!!  YIPPPEEEEE!!!  I had to do this one in the basement.  I totally read the workout wrong - the sprints are sprint touchbacks...where you run from one spot to another, touch the ground, run back, touch the ground, etc.  I used two doggie toys and left them on the floor at one end of the basement, started on the opposite end - ran picked up a toy, ran back and dropped the toy, ran and picked up the other toy, ran back and dropped it, and finally ran and touched the wall.  The directions called for 4 10-meter runs, however, my husband said our basement was 26 feet long and I looked up to see how many feet 10 meters were (32 feet), so I added a 5th to make up the difference.

My shoulders were burning during the 4th and 5th round, and (of course) so were my thighs from the squat hang cleans.  This really got my heart rate going and the sweat pouring!   But best of all - I did it...as prescribed...times right around everyone else's...AND I feel proud again!  I was getting worried...between the running workouts and the one-legged squat disaster, I wasn't feeling that great about this week's workout.  Today made up for it!  Can't wait for measurement Monday!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment