Friday, October 19, 2012

WOW - my upper arms/shoulders are so sore from all of those pushups.  I can feel the ache every time I lift my coffee cup!  AND, as predicted yesterday - my ass is sore as well.  I told my husband last night I hoped there would be no leg exercises today (I know that would not happen - EVERYTHING involves the legs!) - but I just glanced at today's workout and I am just shit-outta-luck today.  Not only are there lunges, but running is involved.  I had also hoped no pushups, but I see burpees on the schedule as well.  Thank goodness today is Friday!  Even though I will do a treadmill or stationary bike workout over the weekend, I can promise you I will NOT do pushups come Saturday or Sunday!

Today's workout is for time:
   5 rounds of...
     10 Burpees
     10 Knees to Elbows
     21 Walking Lunge Steps w/10# dumbbells on your shoulders
     Run 400 meters (1/4 mile)

I already know I will not/cannot do Burpees, so I will do pushups :/ and jump rope instead.  I will run as much and as far as I can.  I have been pushing myself to run farther everytime on my treadmill - I go by the little "block" things on there.  When I started making myself run, I could only run 4 "blocks" at a time.  The last time we did a run, I ran 8 "blocks" at a time, so today I will go for 9, but I prefer to do 10.  Not sure why I have this whole even number OCD thing going on, but I do.  I can tell such a huge improvement when I do run - I'm breathing a WHOLE lot better and can obviously go farther.  Can't wait for the day I can just get on my treadmill and go the entire 1/4 mile or more!

No comments:

Post a Comment