Monday, April 1, 2013


Girls don't sweat, they glimmer....NO, we fucking sweat!  At least, I do!!!  And it looks like a real sweaty day is in store for me today, too!  :)

I went to the races this weekend - YAY!  Unfortunately, Honey-Buns did not get to race (only hot laps) because of rain - bummer.  Other than the rain, it was a super warm weekend for us and I believe today is supposed to be in the 70s - that's a good thing!  I'm so ready for warmer weather!!

I have to admit I had an extremely lazy weekend - other than going racing Saturday night.  But, back to the grindstone today.  I completely forgot to post my measurements last week, so I'm hoping to remember to take them today and post them later.  March 25th marked six months of CrossFit!  I do know that I haven't really lost much weight from the last official measurement day.  I've started keeping a food log online and documenting online EVERYTHING that goes in my body and have discovered two things...(1)  I apparently take in a LOT of sodium and (2) my fat intake is higher than I thought.  I've only been doing this for four days and cannot believe my numbers!  Calorie-wise, I'm doing okay - staying just under 1900 calories per day.  I'm doing good protein-wise and cholesterol-wise, but it says I actually need to increase my carbohydrates.  And, I'm not getting enough of Vitamin A, C, B6, B12, iron, etc.  The biggest shocker?  I'm not getting enough calcium!  That has just blown my mind - I'm a HUGE milk drinker!!  Only Hayley and I drink milk and we go through a gallon every other day.  I'm thinking it's time I start taking multi-vitamins.  I'll see what my options are and probably get some today.  I actually thought I was doing okay - only eating when I'm hungry, except for breakfast.  I've been trying to make sure I eat breakfast - it's just so easy to drink my one cup of coffee and go get busy until lunch time.  I've cut out snacking between meals - although (probably once a week) I have one of those "I can't get enough to eat" nights after supper, and really try not to snack if I can help it.  I have even been drinking 6 or more glasses of water per day, usually going over 8!  It's been an eye opener for sure.  I'll get it together one day.  :)

Today's CrossFit is our Hero workout in honor of US Coast Guard Lieutenant Junior Grade Thomas Cameron who died during training exercises in February, 2012.
   For time:
      50 Walking lunges
      25 pull-ups, assisted as necessary
      50 Box jumps w/18" box
      25 Double-unders OR 100 jump rope
      50 Back extensions
      25 Bench Dips
      50 Knees to Elbows
      25 Wall balls w/10 lb ball
      50 CrossFit sit-ups

I haven't found an extra workout challenge for April, but after seeing today's workout maybe that's a good thing!  :)
******************************
27:55 - My time is better than I thought it would be.  I estimated it to be 30 minutes just going by everyone else's posted times, so I'm happy with that...BUT...it could have been better!  After doing 50 knees-to-boobs, my abs were G-O-N-E when it came time for sit-ups.

I thought it was going to be a HORRIBLE day when I started with the lunges.  OMG - my thighs!  My thighs!  Lunges were VERY painful today.  I think it's from all of the leg work from last week, then on Saturday night going up and down the ladder to the top of the trailer at the race track.  Hopefully they'll improve!

I did 5 pull-ups on the bar and am proud to say I can at least pull-up now, even if it is only a few inches that's WAY more than I could when I started!  I then went to the treadmill and did 25 reverse pull-ups.  I went SUPER slow up and down, hoping to work my muscles to the max.  I think it worked, I was quivering by the time I finished!

Box jumps are getting easy which means, it's time to get a bigger box!  I did anywhere from 12-15 at a time before having to stop and catch my breath, but good news!  NO tripping today!  And, yes - I was barefoot!  :)

I tried a double-under - that was a joke!  My reflexes aren't that fast!  lol  I really hated that too, because that meant I had to do 100 jump ropes and those were exhausting!  Again - those are WAY better bare foot as well - I can do 20-25 without tripping!  Yay me!!

I still hate back extensions - even though there's not a lot to them.  I still feel like a beached whale whenever I do them, plus I'm usually fighting off the cat who thinks I'm in the floor for her pleasure.  It's NOT fun having a cat try to rub on you when you are sweaty.  Cat hair and sweat?  YUCK!

Bench dips KILL me!  I could only do 10 before I had to stop.  I started back and forced myself to finish to 25 without stopping!  I don't know what's worse - the pain or the quivers?  Hmmm....pain, yes definitely the pain.

Knees to elbows have increased to knees to boobs!  YAY!  I started out SO strong, but the last 15 were knees to just below my boobs, but that's okay because 35 of them were great!  :)  My hands were SO red and sore after this.

Wall balls...I love wall balls, but again, I need to get a heavier ball.  But I'm squatting lower on my wall ball now and that's a good thing.

Sit-ups were hard today.  I've been timing my sit-ups lately.  Well, I started with the timer on 24:14 and ended with the timer on 27:55, so it took me 3 minutes and 41 seconds.  NOT great, but boy was I sweaty and exhausted today.

I can say I gave it my all today - great start to the week!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment