Monday, April 8, 2013


It always seems impossible, until it's done.  I'm looking forward to being "done" with today's workout! Yes...it's running.  But, that's okay.  I'm just going to do my best and just plow through it!  :)

I finally had a good night's sleep last night - no waking up with aches and pains!  That's a bonus!  I'm still excited about how I did with my run on Saturday and hope to carry that over into today.  I'm not going to worry too much about beating my run time, just about finishing because I will be running a lot farther today than I did on Saturday.  But, I WILL run and that's the important thing, right?  I am kind of glad to not see any deadlifts or anything like that.  I strained a muscle in my middle back, towards the right side.  Not sure how I did it - I just woke up yesterday and it was super sore.  

Well, Honey-Buns tried to race again on Saturday night, but this time a transformer blew out causing the lights around the track to go out.  The power company came to repair, but said it wouldn't be done until 11:00 p.m.  Our local track is on a curfew of 11:30, and the track officials called off the rest of the races because they knew they couldn't finish them all in 30 minutes.  So, we got to watch one complete race and all but 2 laps of another race.  Honey-Buns did get to hot-lap (warm up), but that was it.  The good thing is we won't have to pay to get in next week because they didn't get in half of the racing.  Always a bright side!  :)  

Today's CrossFit is 8 rounds of:
   Run 400 meters (1/4 mile)
   Rest 90 seconds

I'm not going to worry about the resting 90 seconds part.  My workout will consist of me running as much as I can until I reach 2 miles.  Whenever I can't run, I will walk but my plan is to run a lot more than I walk.  

April's Challenge:
   Wall-sit for 1 minute, 20 seconds

I will probably do the wall-sitting before I run.  I don't see me doing much of anything after running!  Y'all wish me luck!!
******************************
It is D-O-N-E!!!!!!!  WWHHHOOOOOOOOOO-HHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  I did it!  :)  My time isn't great, but my pride is immeasurable!!!  I cannot believe I did it and believe me when I say I wanted to quit, but I would NOT!  :)

Total time was 42:28 - Treadmill time was 33:05 - Rest time was 9:23 - Not too bad!

I ran and walked like I said I would, however, I did stop in between "rounds" which I did not plan to do.  For the first mile, I only stopped for one minute in between rounds, but stopped for longer periods in between rounds during my second mile.  Below is a breakdown of my rounds.  FYI - every 400 meters (1/4 mile) has 16 blocks total.

Round 1 - Ran 11 blocks, walked 5 blocks - I ran for as long as I could, then walked the rest.  Time on treadmill at the end of this round - 4:02 - rested 1 minute

Round 2 - Ran 10 blocks, walked 6 blocks - I ran 1 minute, walked 1 minute, ran 1 minute, walked until there was only 2 blocks left and I ran those final 2 blocks.  Time on treadmill at the end of this round - 8:01 - rested 1 minute

Round 3 - Ran 10 blocks, walked 6 blocks - I did the exact same thing on this round as the previous.  Time on treadmill at the end of this round - 12:03 - rested 1 minute

Round 4 - Ran 10 blocks, walked 6 blocks - Again - same as rounds 2 & 3.  Time on treadmill at the end of this round - 16:08 - rested 1 minute

I wanted to stop and not even bother with the second mile, but told myself to do "one more round".

Round 5 - Ran 9 blocks, walked 7 blocks -  I ran 6 blocks, walked 4 blocks, ran 3 blocks, walked 3 blocks.  I was going to run like I have before (8/8, 6/6, 4/4, 2/2) - but could not make it 8 blocks.  Time on treadmill at the end of this round - 20:19 - I rested, but do not have a clue how long.  I really wanted to quit, but I have this weird even/odd anal-ism of mine - I don't like odd numbers (strange, I know), so I decided "one more round" then that's it!

Round 6 - This was a 50/50 round - I ran 4 blocks, walked 4, ran 4, walked 4.  Time on treadmill at the end of this round - 24:34 - I refused to stop after this round because I only had 2 more rounds left!!

Round 7 - Another 50/50 round - exactly the same as above.  Time on treadmill at the end of this round - 28:50 - No way was I stopping after this round!  Started smiling because I was almost done!!!

Round 8 - My FINAL 50/50 round - exactly the same as above but with LOTS more smiling!  Time on treadmill at the end of this round - 33:05

According to my treadmill, I burned 266.3 calories.  THAT'S what is so frustrating - it seems like it should be a LOT more calories burned!  It makes me wonder if it's worth the work that goes in.  I KNOW it is, but still - it should burn a HELL of a lot more calories than that!   lol

Note to self - do not take an aspirin within an hour of working out.  I felt like it was stuck right in the middle of my throat even though I knew it wasn't!  I really did think I was going to throw up because of it!  I just guzzled water during my rests and hoped for the best!!

SO proud of me!  :)  A great start to the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment