Tuesday, April 2, 2013


Excuses...let's hear yours again.  Pretty impressive, huh?  See, there's no reason for me not to be able to do these workouts!

I was so sore/tired/exhausted after working out yesterday, but I took a couple of aspirin and actually feel pretty good this morning.  I love doing what I call "barefoot" workouts - those are workouts where I don't have to wear shoes.  I don't know why it works for me, it just does - even doing box jumps are better without shoes on.  And no, it does not make my feet hurt.  Come to think of it, my feet are about the only thing that doesn't hurt these days!  lol

Today's CrossFit is from challenge 13.4 - do as many reps as possible in 7 minutes of:
   3 Hang squat cleans w/20-40 lbs
   3 Knees to Elbows
   6 Hang squat cleans w/20-40 lbs
   6 Knees to Elbows
   9 Hang squat cleans w/20-40 lbs
   9 Knees to Elbows
   12 Hang squat cleans w/20-40 lbs
   12 Knees to Elbows
   *continue on this fashion doing 15/15, 18/18, 21/21, 24/24, etc. until your time is up*

There still hasn't been an April challenge posted yet, but she was supposed to work on one yesterday and I haven't checked this morning to see if it's there, so....I will do a treadmill workout today as well.  I'm thinking about running - I know, crazy thoughts in my head!  I always "think" about running, it's whether or not I follow through that counts.  I've been wondering if I'm giving out of breath because I'm running too fast - yes, I know that sounds silly since just about everyone in the world can run faster than me, but hear me out.  When I run, I usually do it on the fastest setting I can handle - 5.3 lately - but that's like "full out" running for me.  Maybe I should slow it down a little and see how far I can go?  It's worth a try, so I think I'll slow it down to 5.0 and see what happens.  It can't hurt to try, right? 
****************************
79 - NOT great, but my goodness!  My hands are still sore from yesterday's bar work and that made it way harder today to do knees to elbows!  I made it through the 15-rep round of cleans, but only got in 4 knees to elbows that round.  It wouldn't have been too bad if my hands weren't burning and talk about red?  My palms/calluses are R-E-D!

I did pre-programmed workout on my treadmill as well.  I did workout #2 (which I have never been able to do without adjusting the incline) and not only could I do the entire workout WITHOUT adjusting the workout, but I did it while wearing my 8 lb. weighted vest!  WOO-HOO!!!!  Sweating like a mule, but I did it and I could BREATHE!!  lol - that's always important, isn't it?  :)

Another great day in!  OH!  They posted April's workout challenge (I'm not crazy about it either).  Anyway, you are supposed to run 1 mile every Monday-Saturday (Sunday's are rest days), drink 64 oz. of water per day, and cut out sugar completely.  If you slip and eat sugar, then you are to add another mile run to make up for it (but I really think it's for punishment!)  ;)  So, looks like I'm not doing this one!  I will continue to throw in a run every now and then, and to do pre-programmed workouts as well.  :)


1 comment:

  1. You are probablyright about slowing down if you want to go a longer distance! I can't run far full out for very long either..but if you want to get your breathing better so you can run faster and farther you should maybe do some interval training..maybe have 3 slower run days then have an interval day that pushes you out of your comfort zone..cardio is excellent for weight loss :)

    ReplyDelete