Friday, April 5, 2013


We don't do it 'cause it's easy.  We do it 'cause we're worth it.  Truth!  And believe me, I wish it were easy!!  I will admit that maybe (MAYbe) one day a week is easy, but the others are definitely not!  I think that's why I like CrossFit so much.  It does challenge me and it's not the same-old, same-old.  I love, love, love it when I can do something today that I couldn't last week.  If I had a dollar for every time I smile during a workout, I'd a few dollars in my pocket!!  lol - Just to clarify, the smiling comes from either a new accomplishment or improvement, or because the workout is o-v-e-r!  But I do smile while working out.  Crazy, right?

Very proud to say I am not as sore as I thought I would be this morning.  My right knee is a little twinge-y, but hopefully that will work itself out.  I know it's just from all of those deadlifts we did yesterday.  But funny/weird thing - when I got on my treadmill yesterday, it was my left knee that felt a little funny so I'm surprised it's my right knee this morning.  Oh well...who knows.  I'm still excited that I ran for over two minutes yesterday.  I have never, ever ran for that long of time before so that is an improvement.  I was a little disappointed with how far I ran though, but got to thinking...I was running slower so of course I didn't run too much farther.  Sometimes my brain is just wonky.  I've always said I do my best thinking while I'm asleep - it's like I wake up and know the answers to some of the questions/issues/problems from the day before!  :)

Today's CrossFit is the 13.5 Challenge "Mama-style".  Do as many reps as possible in 4 minutes of:
   15 Thrusters w/20 lbs
   15 Pull-ups (assisted as necessary)

If you can complete 3 rounds in less than 4 minutes, extend your time to 8 minutes.  If you have completed 6 rounds in those 8 minutes, then extend your time to 12 minutes.  If 9 rounds completed, extend your time to 16 minutes - 12 rounds/20 minutes, etc.

April Challenge:
   Wall-sit for 50 seconds

I will also do something on the treadmill today - more than likely a programmed workout and I hope to wear my weighted vest again while doing that.  
*****************************
75!  That was a tough one - I think because my thighs are already screaming at me!  I went pretty deep on my thrusters, though.  Wow - that sounds dirty, doesn't it?  Ha!  I used 24 lbs for those.  I actually tried to pull-up on the first round of pull-ups.  I did okay - not sure, but I think I've gotten better on those.  At least the first few I was able to "pull-up" off of the ground and see significant bending in my arms.  Don't get me wrong, I was able to get off of the ground on all of them, just not as high as the first ones!  I did reverse pull-ups on the second round and did not get any pull-ups in on my third/final round.  I'm very happy I got three rounds of thrusters in!  :)

I did workout #3 on my treadmill and chose not to wear my weighted vest because my thighs were already letting me know they weren't happy with me today.  Let me tell you, I am SO glad I did not wear that vest today.  OMG!  This was more of an incline workout than #2 was the other day.  Speed varied between 3.0 and 3.5, but on the 3.0 speed I always inclined on 8.  I inclined on 6 and 7 on 3.5 speeds.  The workout just went between those two for the majority of the workout - except for the 4 minute warm-up and the 4 minute cool-down.  Sweating, sweating, sweating!  OH!  And my butt is killing me!!  It is definitely letting me know it did not like climbing those "hills" and doing those thrusts!

Great day of working out today!  Extremely great week of working out!  We're expecting mid to upper 70 degree weather all weekend and through Thursday of next week and I can't wait to enjoy it!  I'm going to a local church's children's consignment sale in the morning with my daughter to see if we can find anything cute for the baby and then off to the race track tomorrow night.  Super excited!  Y'all have a great weekend!!



No comments:

Post a Comment