Thursday, April 4, 2013


Just another day at the bar.  :)  Kinda says it all, doesn't it?  Well, I knew it was too good to be true, but my thighs are sore again.  I at least had a couple of days of non-soreness, so I should be good to go!  lol  My shoulders are ridiculously sore today as well.  Whenever I raise my arms, my shoulders are screaming at me to stop!  I am surprised my abs aren't very sore considering how I felt them with every movement I made last night, but that's okay.  I can only take so much soreness.  I did not need any aspirin last night, but I did wake up in the middle of the night with throbbing thighs, but lucky for me I went right back to sleep without having to get up.

Today's CrossFit is for time, 10 rounds of:
   15 Deadlifts w/40-60 lbs
   15 CrossFit sit-ups

April Challenge:
   Wallsit for 40 seconds

I will do something on the treadmill as well.  It all depends on how long it takes me to do today's workout on what exactly I will do - whether it's a pre-programmed workout (which always takes 30 minutes) or just a run/walk combo kinda deal.  I'll figure it out when I go upstairs.  :)
******************************
16:28 as RX'D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was shooting for 15 minutes, but I'm happy with my time.  I was doing really well until the 8th round of deadlifts - those got to me - as well as the 9th and 10th rounds.  I used 50 lbs for the deadlifts (it's the most weight I have).  I thought about dropping it to 44 lbs while doing the 8th round, but told myself to suck it up and get over myself!  My sit-ups were great!  What slowed me down was laying down to do sit-ups after the 8th round of deadlifts and I just kind of laid there to recover!  Same thing with the 9th round of sit-ups - but the I just got with it on the 10th round since it was the last one!  Note to self - NOT a good idea to lay in the floor while doing a tough workout - even if it IS for sit-ups!  I would have made my goal if not for that.  Oh well...I did it...as RX'D!!  Woot-woot!!

I didn't want to get on the "damn" treadmill, but forced myself.  And, let me tell you, it was pretty funny.  I got all tangled up in the mat I lay on for sit-ups, then I got my feet out from under that only to get tangled in the towel I lay down on top of the mat!  I use a towel because my back is so sweaty and it just feels icky to lay on the mat without a towel.  I usually just wear an exercise bra when working out. Oh, and shorts or yoga pants - I do wear pants!  ;)  Anyway, I got on the treadmill and covered up the display and ran at 4.2 speed until I was at my "can't catch my breath, am I turning blue?" point.  I stopped the treadmill and uncovered the display.  I had only ran 12 blocks which in itself isn't too impressive, but then I looked at the time and was EXTREMELY glad to see my time!  Before, when I would run at 5.3 speed, I could only go 8 blocks - so 12 IS an improvement - and it would take me 1:34 to run those 8 blocks at that speed.  Well, I ran for 2:07!  So THAT is a good thing - I ran 33 seconds longer than before!  YAY improvement!  :)  I started walking at 3.0 speed for 2 blocks, then went back to 4.2 speed and ran until I hit 1/4 mile.  My total treadmill time was 3:48.  I'm going to try to get on my treadmill a little bit every day (except the weekends).  I know I've said it before, but I really, really, really mean it this time!  lol

No wall-sitting today.  I was going to.  I even got into the position to do it, but my thighs said "Nope!  No way!"  So, I stood up and let them have their way today.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment