Wednesday, April 24, 2013


Live well.  Love much.  CrossFit often.  That pretty much says it all, doesn't it?  :)

Well, I knew it was too good to be true...I was all excited about not being sore yesterday morning...looks like I'm paying for it today!  My upper body is ridiculously sore - between the pull-ups and the beginner handstand push-ups...OMG, I hurt!!!  I'm blaming the handstand push-ups - Jenni did say they use completely different muscles than regular push-ups and I am now a believer!  lol   Oh, I'm sure the 25 lb. kettlebell swings didn't help much either.  Jeez-Louise!  My butt is sore as well - from running, squatting, and those 25 lb. kettlebell swings!!  I'll just take an aspirin and move on.  :)

CrossFit Mamas:
   Run 1000 meters
   50 Thrusters w/20 lbs
   30 Pull-ups

CrossFit Brand X:
   Overhead squats - 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

I think I'm going to do the CrossFit Brand X workout today.  I had told Honey-Buns last night that I would NOT run today, no matter what!  Running two days in a row killed me.  I just wasn't feeling it yesterday and forced myself to continue - which is a good thing because I did it!  But still...it was not fun.  Brand X is not timed today - you just control your form and add weight each rep, maxing out on the last rep.  Or....at least that's the plan according to them.  I'll give it a shot.  And, I don't know - I may do a bike workout as well.  I'll decide when I get up there, but could really use an easy day today.  How wimpy is that?  It sounds bad even to myself, but it's the truth - I have been very honest in my blogs and don't intend to change now just because it sounds bad.  But man...that sounds bad!  I'll just have to wait and see how I feel this afternoon when I start my workout.  Things can change between now and then.
*************************
Well, things definitely changed!  I am SO sore in my upper body, it's not even funny.  It's gotten worse as the day goes on.  I didn't want to do either workout, but thought if I could not suffer through 7 overhead squats, I definitely had problems.  So, I did.  I "suffered" through 7 overhead squats.  lol  It wasn't too bad - I have to say is the first time I've done overhead squats.  I had t use my dumbbells since I don't have a bar, and it was really awkward.  My left arm especially kept wanting to move forward while I would go down into the squat position.  I had to really focus to keep both arms straight.  It was another catch-22...it kinda hurt to hold my arms like that because of all of my soreness from yesterday's workout, but at the same time the stretch felt kinda good.  The weights I used were:  24 lbs, 24 lbs, 38 lbs, 38 lbs, 44 lbs, 44 lbs, 50 lbs, 50 lbs.  I know I was only supposed to do 7, but was really focusing on getting my form correct with each set of weights and figured one more could not kill nor hurt me!  

I attempted a wall walkup again today, only this time without shoes on.  I didn't my body all the way to the wall, but I did do better than yesterday.  I'll have to keep trying these until I'm able to do them!  No energy or willpower to get on the treadmill.  Hopefully I'll be better tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment