Friday, April 12, 2013


When your legs ache, your body burns, and there's sweat all over - you know you're doing something right.  Don't give up!  This will be my mantra today!  Well, this and "You ran 2 miles on Monday, you can do 1.25 today!"  :)   Yes, I said it - that nasty, nasty word...run.  I knew it was coming, so I'm prepared to do it!  

Today's CrossFit:
   5 Rounds of:
      Run 400 meters (1/4 mile)
      30 Box Jumps w/18" box
      30 Wall Ball Shots w/10# ball

Can't wait to get this one over with!  I don't know about you guys, but I am SO glad it's Friday!!!  We had a lot of rain/storms come through last night, so our pollen count won't be so bad today.  It was 8000+ yesterday!!  You could see the pollen blowing in the air - it was crazy.  Next week is Spring Break for Hayley, so that will be fun!

Y'all wish me luck with today's run.
******************************
Sorry - I had the WORST headache yesterday.  Between the pollen and the PMS, I was in so  much pain yesterday.  If I'm not able to fit this in today, I'll do it tomorrow.  :)

So...someone at CrossFit Mamas asked if we just did this workout, so I looked through my "journal" and sure enough - we did this on March 22nd.  Apparently it took me 59:03 to complete on March 22nd because I didn't walk at all - just ran and stopped for breaks when I was tired.  My total treadmill time then was 15:04.  Well - I chose to do short walking breaks today instead of completely stopping.  My time today was 46:09 (13 minutes faster!) and my total treadmill time was 19:42.  BUT!  Good, awesome, GREAT news!!  I decided to run as long as I could during my first round and told myself I was not stopping until the song on my Ipod was finished and guess what?  I ran 17 blocks!!  That's a quarter of a mile, plus 1 block!  I couldn't believe it!  I came running out of my exercise room to tell Honey-Buns I ran an entire 1/4 mile withOUT stopping!!  So, I would have had a better time if not for my mini celebration, but it's okay!  I was just thrilled with myself!!  :)  I covered up the display every run segment and just ran as long as I could, then I'd walk for a couple of blocks and start running some more.  My running got worse (consecutive blocks running), but my box jumps got better.  Go figure.  I started off doing 6-8 box jumps at a time, then I'd have to stop and breathe a couple of deep breaths up until the third round.  For the third, fourth, and fifth rounds I was doing 10 box jumps at a time before having to stop to catch my breath.  Normally I love wall-ball shots, but today I just wasn't feeling it.  I was so ready for those to be done!  Anyway - I didn't want to workout but made myself because I knew it was a hard workout (for some reason those are the easiest ones to talk yourself out of doing!), but I'm really glad I did it.  :)

Treadmill breakdown:
   Round 1 - ran 16, walked 0 - time 3:37  :)
   Round 2 - ran 11, walked 2, ran 3 - time on treadmil 7:32 (3:55)
   Round 3 - walked 2, ran 6, walked 2, ran 6 - time on treadmill 11:29 (3:57)
   Round 4 - walked 2, ran 8, walked 3, ran 3 - time on treadmill 15:27 (3:58)
   Round 5 - ran 5, walked 3, ran 5, walked 2, ran 1 - time on treadmill 19:42 (4:15)

SO hard!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment