Tuesday, April 30, 2013


Strength doesn't come from what you can do...it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't.

As we say here in the south...Ain't that the truth?  lol   I still smile every time I think of now being able to run 1/4 mile without stopping.  It's so much farther than from when I started.  I still remember when I first purchased my treadmill last year.  I could only run for 30 seconds and that was it.  Then I worked it up to 45 seconds, then 1 minute.  Then I started counting the number of "blocks" on my display screen, being able to only run 4 blocks at a time, then 6, then 8, and trying for 10 but failing.  I took the advice of my son and covered the display and just ran to see how far I could go.  I made it to 11 blocks - happy day - it was my farthest so far.  Then came the day I had my display covered and thought "I'll just run until this song is over" and did...and discovered I ran 17 blocks!  That was 1/4 mile, plus 1 more block.  I have been running all of any 400 meter runs (1/4 mile) prescribed ever since, even making it to 500 meters one day last week.  Awesome feeling!  Why am I going on and on about running?  Yep...it's a run day!  :)

CrossFit Mamas
   5 Rounds:
      7 Pull-ups
      Run 400 meters (1/4 mile)

Brand X
   Walking lunges, 50 feet
   20 Push-ups
   Jump rope, 20 double-unders or 40 single-unders
   15 Knees to elbows
   2 Rope climb, 15 feet or 4 beginner rope climb
   20 Box jumps, 12"-24"
   20 Overhead squats, PVC - 45 lbs
   15 Pull-ups
   20 Sit-ups

I am doing CrossFit Mamas today.  I have to take both Hayley and my mother-in-law to doctor appointments today, so I will probably be a little late on my workout time.  Hopefully everything goes good and I can "get 'er done"!!!  :)
*****************************
Just got in...saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment