Saturday, April 6, 2013


If you think a minute goes by really fast, you've never been on a treadmill.  THIS is my motto!!  lol - I know I've used this before, but damn - it sure does fit me to a tee.  Especially today.  Yes, I ran today!  Yes, I know it's Saturday.  And yes, I am crazy!  lol

I keep saying I'm never going to get better unless I do it, so I forced (yes, I said "forced") myself to get on my treadmill today - even though it is Saturday and I don't normally work out on the weekends unless I missed a day during the week (which I did not do, by the way!).  I know - it surprised the hell out of me, too!!  I decided to try the 5K training thing that I've seen multiple times - I've even tried to do it before, I'm just not consistent with what I consider "extra" workouts!  Anyway - you are supposed to run 1 minute, then walk 1 minute and do that for 8 rounds.  Supposedly, you do this at least 3 times a week until you are comfortable, then add to it.  I tried this before but that was when I was concerned about running speed and I could not do more than 3 or 4 rounds before having to quit.  So, I decided to try it running slower @ 4.2 speed and I did my walking segments at 3.0 speed.  Well...I DID BETTER than before!  I actually made it 6 rounds, but after the 6th round of running I was getting tired and running out of time, so I walked my 1 minute then ran until I hit the 1 mile mark.  16:39 was my time.  I can't wait (okay, I'm lying - I actually CAN wait) until I can try this again and actually do it all 8 rounds.  Sometimes I have just really bad blonde, air-head moments.  Of COURSE I can run longer at a slower pace - what the hell is wrong with me?  I think I get the concept of time, gotta hurry up and get a good time in, that it just never occurred to me to slow down and try to run farther.  Oh well...I get it now and am excited (a teensy, tiny bit) of seeing what I can do from here on out.

Totally forgot to mention - you know those "attempted" pull-ups I did yesterday?  Yeah...they are killing my shoulders today.  I couldn't figure it out (another blonde, air-head moment) - I kept thinking "those thrusters were only 20 pounds, what's wrong with me?".  Then I was like "OH...it could be the reverse pull-ups or the attempted pull-up - I mean those were ONLY my body weight!"  Man...how crazy am I?  I definitely feel like I did something yesterday and I KNOW I definitely did something today!  

Off to run errands (hitting up the liquor store) so I can have a fun night at the dirt-track!  :)

**Update**  Okay, I'm going have to quit posting as soon as I finish my workout, obviously my mind is wack-a-doo!  16 minutes?  That means I completed all 8 rounds and actually ran for 39 seconds longer than I should have!  WHAT is wrong with my brain?????   Well, that makes me even happier!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment