Thursday, April 11, 2013


It's just you against you.  I need to remember this.  Sometimes I get so caught up in what everyone else did and trying to be in that "range" that I forget to be happy that I improved.  I also love praise and admiration - I'm a Leo, it's built in!  lol   I get so frustrated with some people's negativity that I let it affect my mood and I really need to get over that.  I don't know if you've noticed or not, but I'm NOT a negative person.  I'm just not.  I wasn't raised that way - there was always lots of praise in my house.  Pretty much the only negativity I encountered was from siblings - all older, I'm the baby of 6.  Yes, I'm spoiled, but you know what?  I'm almost 48, I ain't changing now!!  There's a reason I don't go to a gym or use a trainer to workout - I don't want to have anyone else in my face telling me things I can tell myself, thank you very much!  I know I can do better, I know I can push harder and some days I do, some days I don't.  Yes, I used a treadmill yesterday...the horror!!  I'm NOT running outside - one, the pollen was ridiculous (pollen count of 4000+ here in Georgia) and two, my face gets SO red whenever I run people would be calling 911 thinking I was having a heart attack or something.   I am not a "pretty" exerciser - I turn red, I sweat, I breathe heavy, my nose runs a lot and I'm constantly blowing it - trust me...it ain't pretty.  So what if I used a treadmill?  I did it and I'm okay with that and I don't care that it was not "RX'd" - I know it wasn't.  MOST of my workouts are NOT!!  Sorry, just a little frustrated and ticked.  I'm working out, I'm okay with my workout and I don't need to be told otherwise. :)

Today's CrossFit:
   21-15-9 reps of
      Deadlifts w/40-60 lbs
      Push-ups*

*Handstand push-ups were prescribed with the main CrossFit workout "Diana".  CF Mamas suggests you can try one per round if you desire, but advises you to be very careful.  I watched a couple of videos from the original CrossFit website last night and they look hard, but kind of fun.  I may try a couple, but not during my timed workout, but afterwards.

I am SO sore from yesterday.  My glutes were beyond crazy-sore last night and still are this morning!!  Looks like an aspirin around the clock kind of day.  I'm glad we're not running today, but I believe I saw tomorrow's workout already.  It's posted on my Blogs I Follow page - it says Friday, but has today's date.  Anyway - we ARE running tomorrow, so I really need to psych myself up about it.  I really don't want to run any more this week, but oh well.  It is what is, and I'll do what I do!  :)
******************************
3:41 compared to 11/30/12 time of 5:32 - 51 seconds faster!!  I used 50 lbs for the deadlifts, which is what  I also used on 11/30/12.  My improvement is in my push-ups - I can do SO many more at a time now without having to stop and stretch it out!  VERY pleased with today's short, quick workout.

I've definitely pulled something on my back right leg - it's not my hamstring, more like in my glutes.  It kills me when I walk and I hope it's better tomorrow!  I was having soreness in my back as well earlier today, but that went away and I didn't feel anything back there while doing deadlifts.

Sorry you all witnessed my little hissy fit this morning.  It was just one of those things that rubbed me the wrong way.  Completely over it right now.  Do you think I'm PMS-ing?  I certainly do!  lol  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment