Friday, April 19, 2013


Don't forget...you are what you eat.  I need to eat a skinny person!  :)  I thought I'd end the week with a funny, and this one definitely made me laugh!

I am very surprised I am not sore today.  In fact, the only place I am sore is my upper back/shoulders and that's from sunburn!!  Nothing is sore from working out, running, cutting grass, etc.  I was so sore and tired last night - I fell asleep on the couch around 10:00.  Honey-Buns woke me up sometime after 11:00 to go to bed and man-oh-man were my thighs screaming at me!!  But this morning?  Everything is good.

I'm glad I got in another cardio yesterday because today neither workout has cardio!  I will probably do  a programmed workout on my treadmill on Sunday, but I know right now I will do NOTHING tomorrow - just enjoy the day and go to the races tomorrow night!  :)

CrossFit Mamas:
   3 rounds of:
      20 Front squats w/40 lbs
      20 Push-ups
      20 CrossFit sit-ups
      20 Leg lifts

Brand X:
   Dumbbell Clean & Jerk 5-5-5-5-5

My plan is to do both workouts today.  Brand X is not timed today.  You do 5 sets of 5 reps of clean & jerk, with increasing weight each set.  There aren't any demo videos at Brand X, but I found some on YouTube that show using two dumbbells (both hands) at the same time.  One of the members asked if you did these one-handed or two-handed, and another member responded one-handed but I think I'm going to do two-handed.  I have to say, it's going to be weird not pushing myself for time but apparently this is one of the workouts you focus on form and pushing yourself weight-wise.  My goal is to end with 50 pounds since that is the max weight of my dumbbells combined.  Below is what I plan to do on the clean & jerks:
   5 x 31 lbs
   5 x 38 lbs
   5 x 44 lbs
   5 x 50 lbs
   5 x 50 lbs
They will probably laugh at my weights (these are some serious weight-lifting folks!) but it's all I have.  Maybe one day I'll invest in heavier weights, but my goal is not to bulk up, just to tone.  Wish me luck!
*************************
13:05 - I'll take it!  Those leg lifts were killer!!  They slowed me down BIG time!  They also made my sit-ups slower on the second and especially the third rounds!  WOW!  Those hurt!  But, it was a good hurt!  :)

I used 44 lbs on the front squats.  I was impressed, I did all three rounds of 20 without stopping during my squats and sit-ups.  Push-ups are still not my forte.  I made it to 11, then 17, then 20 on the first round.  I made it to 12, then 18, then 20.  On the third round I made it to 12, then all the way to 20 on the shakiest arms ever!  Leg lifts...leg lifts...what to say about those?  On the first round, I could only do 4 or 5 at a time before having to rest.  I forced myself to do 8/8/4 on the second and third rounds.  I'm sure I'll pay for it tomorrow, but that's okay.  I cannot believe how my heart rate got to going doing leg lifts and the sweat started pouring!  Crazy!!

I did the Brand X workout as well.  I'm glad that wasn't a timed workout, although it really didn't take me long to do them.  I think it was just knowing that I didn't have to rush that made them go so smoothly.  My clean and jerks were done like this:
   5 reps of 24 lbs
   5 reps of 31 lbs
   5 reps of 38 lbs
   5 reps of 44 lbs
  5 (maybe 6) reps of 50 lbs

I lost count during my last set and couldn't remember if I had actually done 4, or just had 4 in my head so I did an extra (or maybe not) one just to be sure.  I had originally planned to do 31 - 38 - 44- 50 - 50, but after seeing how heavy 44 was doing the squats, I thought I'd better not over do it since I'm just a "puppy".  :)

Great week of workouts and I've gotten in three days of cardio so far.  If I workout on Sunday, that will make it four - I'm happy (and tired)!!  Y'all have a good weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment