Tuesday, April 9, 2013


I train like a girl.  Try to keep up.  :)  I do train like a girl, but jeez - it's SO hard sometimes!!  I swear Honey-Buns thought I was going to die yesterday after running.  He just kept looking at me and asking me if I was okay.  I have to admit, my face was pretty red and I was dripping sweat like never before while I was working out, so I'm sure it looked pretty gruesome.  But you'd think the big ol' smile on my face was a clue that I was okay!  lol  I forgot to mention this yesterday, but it was actually my legs that I was having trouble with while running - not my breathing!  My legs were SO tired!!  OH!  Also - when I reached the 1 mile mark, I had improved on my time from Saturday by 31 seconds!  I am extremely happy with that!  It took my 16:39 to do 1 mile on Saturday, well, yesterday I reached one mile in 16:08.  VERY happy with that!  Are my legs sore today?  You betcha!!!  I'm really hoping to make it through today's workout (squat cleans).  Looking at everyone's times so far, today is a pretty short workout and I would normally do some cardio on a short day, but I just don't know if my legs will hold up for a treadmill or bike workout.  I'll have to see once I get upstairs.  I'm trying to make sure I do at least 30 minutes of cardio a week - luckily for me yesterday's run counts as one!  I just don't know if I have it in me today.

Today's workout is our Hero Workout in honor of U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer Fernando Jorge, who died while training as a Helicopter Rescue Swimmer.
   For time:
      30 CrossFit Sit-ups
      15 Squat Cleans w/20 lbs
      24 CrossFit Sit-ups
      12 Squat Cleans w/20 lbs
      18 CrossFit Sit-ups
      9 Squat Cleans w/20 lbs
      12 CrossFit Sit-ups
      6 Squat Cleans w/20 lbs
      6 CrossFit Sit-ups
      3 Squat Cleans w/20 lbs

I'm not posting the April Challenge - I'm not doing those anymore since I haven't had the desire to do them, so I figured "Why waste my time?"  I put the challenge in a separate blog if you wish to do it - but  I'm not.  Wallsitting is NOT fun!  lol  :)
******************************
8:36 as RX'd, but with 24 lbs instead of 20!!!  I struggled with the first set of sit-ups - both my abs and my back were screaming at me!  I did better with the second set and awesome on the remainders!  Same thing with the hang squat cleans - my thighs yelled at me to change my mind and not work out today, but they got over it once I started the second set.  I really considered not doing a run today because they were hurting so bad, but then they quit hurting and I thought "Dammit, now I have to run!"  lol

I am very proud to say I ran today!  I did like yesterday's workout, where we ran for 1/4 mile and took a short break, then ran 1/4 mile, rested, 1/4 mile, rested, 1/4 and thanked God it was over!  :)  I did the run 1 minute, walk 1 minute thing only for every quarter mile it was run 1 minute, walk 1 minute, run 1 minute, walk 2 blocks, and run the last 2 blocks.  I wanted to end each segment running, so that's what I did.  It worked out that I ran 10 out of 16 blocks per segment - so YAY!!  I also bumped my running up by 1, making me run at 4.3 instead of 4.2.  All walking was done at 3.0 - maybe I'll bump that up one day but I really want to focus on my running parts right now!  VERY happy to say I improved on my time from yesterday - yesterday's 1 mile time was 16:08 - today's was 15:46!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Woot-woot!!

Below are the treadmill times after each segment.  I didn't time my rests, but they were not very long - no longer than yesterday's rest times.

1/4 mile - 3:59
1/2 mile - 7:50
3/4 mile - 11:50
1 mile - 15:46

Y'all congratulate me - my grandchild is a little girl!  I can't wait to meet her in August!!  :)  SO EXCITED!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment