Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Today is Tabata Tuesday!  If I understand the instructions correctly (and that's a big IF), this is what I'm to do - exercise for 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds doing 8 consecutive intervals of the following exercises:
   Wall Ball - 10 lbs
   Sumo Deadlift High Pull - 20 lbs
   Box Jump
   Push Press - 20 lbs

Score each individual round - of course the lowest number is the only score that counts, then add all scores together to get a final, overal score.  Confusing, right?  I had to re-read it, but am fairly confident I'm correct.  For example -

   1 - count # of wall balls for 20 seconds - rest 10 seconds - 2 count # of wall balls for 20 seconds - rest 10 seconds - 3 - count # of wall balls for 20 seconds - rest 10 seconds, etc. until you do 8 rounds.  Write your score down during your 10 second rest.  Use only the lowest score and move on to the next exercise.

Got it!

Today's Squat-A-Thon number is 35 and I must say between my squats, little run, and burpees - I can definitely feel my ass today!   I had to take some aspirin last night to stop the throbbing.  :)
**********************************************************************************
That was a hard, quick workout!!  Thanks, Jenni!  I scored as follows:

10 on 4# Wall Ball - 10-11-11-14-12-12-11-11
14 on 24# Deadlift High Pull - 14-15-16-15-15-14-15-14
8 on 9" Box Jump - 8-10-9-9-9-9-9-9
17 on 24# Push Press - 21-18-18-20-21-18-17-19

Total Score = 49

Not bad, but still mad about that 17 on the push press.  My left arm was so shaky when I went up on #16, so I brought them both down and shook 'em out - then only had time to go back up once more!  ARGH!!  Another weird quirk, my lowest score was on my first round of each exercise.  I guess I just started slow - I do know I kept telling myself "Do not go below" whatever number that first one was and really pushed myself that way.  Especially with the box jumps - those are killer!  Can't wait until tomorrow.  :)

OH!  Did my 35 squats this morning and feeling them this afternoon!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment