Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I feel really good about yesterday's workout.  I know you're not supposed to compare yourself to others, yada, yada, yada...but I was looking through everyone's results and I was NOT the worst (YAY ME!), but I was close to what Jenni had.  For anyone who doesn't know, Jenni is the one who does the CrossFit Mamas blog.  My score yesterday was 49, with 433 total reps - Jenni's was 54, with 448 total reps.  I have to say - I really pushed myself yesterday to not slow down or slack off and that alone made a HUGE difference!  I soaked for a really long time last night in my bubble bath and felt great afterwards, but was really sore/stiff after sitting and watching t.v. last night.  This morning isn't bad at all - my upper arms and shoulders are a little stiff and sore when I move them, but that should work itself out once I get to moving this morning.  It's still my coffee drinking time right now.  :)

Today's workout looks like a good one as well.
   For time, 3 rounds of:
      10 knees to elbows
      Run 200 meters (.124/mile)
      10 bar facing burpees
      Run 200 meters (.124/mile)

I love to see the runs set at 200 meters because I know I can actually run that distance without walking!  I can't wait for the day when longer runs are easy for me!  I watched the video Jenni had showing how to do bar facing burpees.  They are actually just burpees with a barbell on the floor at you head.  After you do your burpee, you jump over the bar, turn to face the bar, do another burpee, jump the bar, turn to face it, etc.  LOVE the video - it shows a guy and girl - both fit looking, but the girl is WAY faster than the guy.  He's like me, he stops to catch his breath for a moment.  Still, I love it when the girls beat the guys.  Makes my little girlie heart smile.  :)

Today's Squat-A-Thon number is 40!
*********************************************************************************
30:22 - Geez Louise!  WHAT a workout!  I'm still pouring sweat!  I can actually bring my knees to just above my waist line.  I know this for a fact because I marked it on the doorway that I have my bar located at.  The last time I did knees to elbows, I could only bring them up to my hips and only do one at a time.   Today I could do three in a row without having to stop and stand - so I am VERY proud of that!

Running the 1/8 mile on the treadmill was WAY easier after the knees-to-elbows segment.  I had no issues with running until after the burpee segment.  I ran the majority, walking a total of 4 blocks the entire time (there are 16 blocks in a 1/2 mile), so I am also EXTREMELY proud of that!  My treadmill time was 10:26 - so not too bad.  I'm improving and that's the important thing!

Since I don't have a barbell, I used my aerobic step on the lowest setting, which is 6 inches.  I use this for burpees anyway to avoid face planting in the floor.  So, I'd do my burpee then box jump onto the step, jump off the step, turn around and face the step, then do another burpee.  Burpees are getting easier, but maybe that's just because I only had to do 10 each round.  They're getting easier as well.  Can't wait until I can do them without the step - hopefully that's not too far off.

Great workout today AND I did my 40 squats this morning for the squat-a-thon.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment