Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Still on a "high" from yesterday's plateau buster of going below 250 on my scales!  I know it's just a number, but DAMN!  That sure made me feel better - such a mood lifter!  I was having major inner dialogue - don't stop CrossFit, you're getting stronger - you can see/tell the difference, the scales don't matter - you're clothes fit better, you FEEL better, etc.  I know it's not much, but it worked!

Today is 12/12/12 for those of you who didn't know and today's workout is in honor of that fact.  Meaning...we do 12 rounds of 12 reps each of:
   CrossFit situps
   Squats
   Walking lunges
   Push ups
   Box jumps
   Thrusters, 20 lbs
   Back extensions
   Bench dips
   Kettle bell swings, 15 lbs
   Jump rope
   Leg lifts
   Wall ball, 10 lbs

I've requested a heavier wall ball for Christmas and even showed my children what mine looks like and am hoping they get me one.  I don't want one that looks like an oversized soccer ball, I like the smaller version.  The one I have came from Target and my son works at Target, so...fingers crossed!

I'm glad to see squats in the workout - today's squat-a-thon number is 70, but it looks like my number is 144!  Can't wait to post THAT!  I am feeling every single one of those weighted squats from yesterday, too, by the way.  Not sure why, but my left butt cheek is feeling them more than my right - does this mean my left side is weaker?  I don't know...just know that's where I feel it.  OH!  My thighs, too.  Unweighted squats are WAY easier, huh?  lol

I'm hoping to have time to workout - I'm taking my niece and her best friend Christmas shopping right after school.  That is normally my workout time, but I think I'll try to get it in early so I can have Saturday off!  Although, I'll probably do a treadmill workout (or two) over the weekend.  I have set a goal of making it into the 230's in four weeks (by the week of January 9th).  I'm hoping I can meet that goal.  :)   No, let me re-phrase that...I WILL meet that goal!  There!  In writing!  Makes it official.
*********************************************************************************
Looks like I'm saving this for Saturday.  Too much going on today.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment