Wednesday, December 19, 2012

This is me after yesterday!  Deficit pushups are really hard and let me say I finally found something that makes me forget about how sore my ass has been from all of the squats/squat motions I have been doing and it's sore shoulders!!!!  I'm sure they will get better once I get up and going, but right now while I'm just lifting my coffee cup?  Ooohh yeah...they're there.  ;)

Today's workout is a tabata workout.  I really don't like those.  Let me rephrase that - it's not that I don't "like" them, it's just that they make me SOOO mad because I kinda feel like a failure because you have to post your worst round score.  I know - I'm NOT a failure because I'm at least working out.  Maybe that was the wrong word.  Posting the worst score makes me look/feel like a weakling, and THAT I definitely am not!!  lol - I'll get over it.

Anyway, today's workout is 8, 20-second rounds of work with 1 minute rest intervals in between exercises.  Post your lowest score per exercise and your total number of reps for all.
   Jump rope
   Squats
   Push press w/20 lbs
   Pushups
   CrossFit situps

Well, I know my jumprope will be extremely low being that I am SO inconsistent with it!  Oh well, gotta get 'er done!  :)
********************************************************************************
First, my results - then my thoughts!  :)

Jumprope - 12 - SO mad!  I got a 12 on my first round because I tripped and tripped!
   12, 17, 16, 15, 16, 14, 19, 15
Squats - 17 - I was pretty consistent with these!
   17, 17, 17, 18, 18, 17, 18, 18
Push Press w/24 lb dumbbells - 20 - My arms are SO weak and still sore from yesterday.
   21, 23, 23, 22, 21, 20, 20, 20
Pushups - 8 - I really think it was SUPER mean to make us do these after yesterday!
   8, 10, 10, 10, 10, 9, 10, 9
CF situps - 8 - SO proud I can do these AND my feet stay on the floor!
   8, 9, 9, 9, 8, 9, 8, 8

I have to say - my soreness really did not get better.  I even took baby aspirin!  At first, I thought I was sore from the deadlifts - those always work my back muscles.  But then, it was in my shoulders more than my back, and I thought...still could be from deadlifts.  But then, it was down my obliques and I KNEW it was from those deficit pushups!!!   Damn you, deficit pushups!!!  I was really surprised I could do pushups today after yesterday - even though I had crappy numbers, they were consistent.

I really don't want to complain about my arms too much because I know Jenni will give us a run or something crazy like that for tomorrow!  Please, please, please....no running!  lol  :)
  



No comments:

Post a Comment