Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Can't believe I forgot to post this morning!  WHAT a workout today!!!

For time - 5 rounds of:
   Run 400 meters (1/4 mile)
   20 Burpees
   15 2-hand dumbbell bent over rows w/10 lbs

I RAN!!  Well, the first round anyway.  Still on the tail end of a chest cold and thought I was going to cough up a lung after I finished that 1/4 mile, but I RAN!  I biked 1/4 mile at 10 resistance and no less than 15/mph on the other 4 rounds.  Talk about getting your heart rate up!  That definitely did mine!

My burpees are kinda funny, but still they're burpees.  I use my aerobic step because I still can't squat all the way down to put my hands on the floor - anyway, I squat and put my hands on the step, kick my legs back, bring my legs back in and stand up.  I didn't do the "jump up" at the end today, but I do plan on incorporating that in the future.  I can't wait until I don't need my step anymore!  I do have it on the lowest setting, which is 6 inches - but I really need those extra 6 inches right now.

I used my adjustable dumbbells for the bent over rows - 12 lbs. each dumbbell, which I guess means I used 24 lbs total.  I wasn't sure if Jenni meant 10 lb total dumbbell weight or each dumbbell, so I erred on the side of caution and did each.  Of course, those seemed really easy which means those muscles used will be super sore tomorrow!  lol

I did run down the stairs afterwards - not by choice.  I started downstairs and my thighs got all jiggly, squiggly and it was either "run" or fall.   Needless to say, I chose to run!  lol  

No comments:

Post a Comment