Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A friend of  mine sent this picture to me yesterday and I like it.  I hope you do, as well!
 
I'm going a little off topic here- I am glad Obama was re-elected.  I do not/cannot trust generational politicians and there was just something so shady about Romney.  Better the devil you know, etc.

Okay - back to CrossFit!  I was so sore and exhausted last night around 8:00.  I think it was still from Monday's workout, but really do not know!  I went to bed at 10:00, which is a decent time, but then I woke up around 2:00 and could not go back to sleep until sometime after 4:00.  I HATE when I do that!!

Today's workout is for time, 3 rounds of:
   33 Situps
   21 Burpees
   Run 400 meters (1/4 mile)

I will attempt Burpees again today, but if it doesn't work (meaning, if I face plant like I did the last time I tried them!) I will switch and do a pushup, front squat, and box jump.  Wish me luck!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
29:02 - My word!!  What a hard week of workouts so far!!  I still cannot do burpees (I tried and failed).  I don't have the coordination and my stomach is in the way whenever I squat down to go into the plank position.  I tried just going down to pushup position, then up on my knees, to my feet, then into a standing jump - but just didn't feel like that worked very well.  So...after 4 of those, I switched to just pushups, then 21 squat jump things (I went down into squat position then jumped straight up) - THOSE got my heartrate up!!  Also, my legs were so wobbly today - I did the treadmill for the first segment, but switched to my bike the other two.  Breakdown as follows:

Round 1
  33 situps - I sat on my weight bench and kept my feet on the floor - MAN could I feel those today!
  21 pushups
  21 squat/straight jump up things
  Ran 6 blocks @ 4.4/mph - walked 4 blocks @ 3.0/mph - ran 6 blocks @ 4.4/mph
Round 2
  33 situps on weight bench
  21 push ups
  21 squat/straight jump up things
  1/5 mile on bike @ 5 resistance and 18/mph
Round 3
  33 situps on weight bench
  21 push ups
  21 squat/straight jump up things
  1/5 mile on bike @ 5 resistance and 18/mph

EXHAUSTED, but proud that I did not listen to myself and stop after two rounds!!

No comments:

Post a Comment