Monday, August 26, 2013

You don't have to be great to start...


You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.  No truer words have been said!  Crazy week last week with both my daughter and granddaughter here.  Friday was one of my busiest days in awhile!  We had lunch with my bestie, so she could meet Addy, then I took Katy grocery shopping, dog food shopping, then we visited with one of my other friends, then I had to take them both back home to Athens.  Then, once I got back in town we went to Honey-Buns' best friends birthday party.  I was so tired and so happy that my bladder finally let me sleep in on Saturday!  I slept until 9:30 on Saturday and about 9:15 on Sunday.  We also got to race on Saturday night - the first time since before Addy was born!  Two weeks in  a row of no racing drives Honey-Buns crazy.  He was okay that first weekend 'cause we spent it with Addy when she came home from the hospital.  We've just had so much rain this summer, it's been crazy!

I'm kind of playing around with CrossFit Whitehead's workout for today.  Just moving some things around and changing the number of reps on box jumps.

For time:
   Run 200 meters
   15 Box jumps
   Run 400 meters 
   10 Box jumps
   Run 800 meters
   5 Box jumps
   Run 400 meters
   10 Box jumps
   Run 200 meters
   15 Box jumps

White Head had for you to run 800, 400, 200, 400, 800 meters and also to do 20 box jumps after each run.  I can't face doing that today - one...it's Monday, and two...Mother Nature has called.  I figure I'll be doing good to do what I've written down.  Y'all wish me luck!!
*************************
30:43 - I'm VERY happy with my time.  I told Honey-Buns I would be at least 30 minutes, probably more - so I think I did very well!!  I'm also extremely pleased with my running today - don't know why, but I actually just did it - didn't think about it being hard or anything...I just ran!  I've also discovered box jumps and running actually go pretty good together, but I'm glad I didn't do 20 of those suckers after every run segment.  They were manageable the way I split them up.  I wasn't dreading getting back on the treadmill afterwards, so that is definitely a good thing!  Below is the breakdown of my running/walking:

200 meters - I ran 200 meters!
400 meters - I ran 200 meters, walked 100 meters, then ran 100 meters!!
800 meters - I ran 100 meters, walked 100 meters x 4 - I was surprised by how easy this segment was to do.  Usually I'm getting pretty tired at this point of most of my runs, but running/walking 100 meters at a time was do-able.
400 meters - I ran 200 meters, walked 100 meters, ran 100 meters!!!
200 meters - I ran all 200 meters!!!!

I ran 1400 meters out of my total 2000 meters prescribed, walking only 600 meters total!  VERY happy with that!!  Great start to my week so far - let's hope it keeps getting better and better!!

I forgot to mention - my little Addy went back to the pediatrician today to be weighed - just to make sure she's eating good and all.  She now weighs 5 lbs, 12 oz!  She weighed 4 lbs, 8 oz two weeks ago when she went for her first doctor visit - so very happy with that as well!!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment