Tuesday, August 27, 2013


A good man can make you feel sexy, strong and able to take on the world.  Oh, sorry...that's exercise...exercise does that.  You know?  This is really true.  I mean, yes...a good man can make you feel like that, but exercise really does this as well.  A lot of times after I workout (especially after a tough workout - like yesterday's!) I feel SO energized, like I could do anything 'cause I had an awesome workout!!  So, yeah...exercise really does do that!  :)

It looks like today is another run day, so let's see if I can do this two days in a row!  Honestly?  The only thing that looks intimidating to me today are the burpees - lol!!

For time:
   25 Burpees
   Run 400 meters
   25 Knees-to-elbows
   Run 400 meters
   25 Push-ups
   Run 400 meters
   25 Sit-ups
   Run 400 meters
   25 Burpees

Let's do this!!!
*************************
Wow.  Just.  Wow.  THAT was tough!!!  So, I started this - did 25 burpees and got on my treadmill.  Twenty-five burpees took me almost five minutes to do.  I thought to myself - I really want to run as much as possible, so I decided to split this into two rounds.  That being said...my time was 41:09, with a treadmill time of 15:00.  VERY happy with my treadmill time, but honestly?  I felt so much happier with my workout yesterday than I did with today's.  Crazy, huh?  I actually accomplished WAY more today.  Maybe I'm just tired?  Exhausted?  Oh yeah...definitely that!  Here's what I did:

25 Burpees
Run 200 meters - ALL running!
13 Knees-to-elbows
Run 200 meters - ALL running!
13 Push-ups - modified, "girl" push-ups
Run 200 meters - ALL running!
13 Sit-ups - easy, peasy!
Run 200 meters - ALL running!
13 Burpees - blegh, burpees  :/
Run 200 meters - ran 125 meters, walked 75 meters
12 Knees-to-elbows
Run 200 meters - ran 125 meters, walked 75 meters
12 Push-ups - modified
Run 200 meters - ran 125 meters, walked 75 meters
12 Sit-ups - still easy!
Run 200 meters - ran 125 meters, walked 75 meters
12 Burpees - blegh, burpees again!  :)

Very proud to say that of the 1600 meters prescribed to run, I ran all but 300 meters.  THAT's definitely progress!  One day I'll be able to jump on my treadmill and go.  I'm proud of my workout, just not energized like I was after yesterday's workout.  Go figure!  

Oh yeah...I got to see my baby today.  I called Katy this morning and told her I didn't think I could wait until Thursday.  Luckily, she did not have anything going on so Gramps (Honey-Buns) and I went for a quick lunch/visit before I had to get back to pick up Hayley.  All in all, it's been a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment