Tuesday, August 6, 2013

If you don't sweat, you are doing it wrong.


If you don't sweat, you are doing it wrong.  Good to know!!  I don't know about you guys, but I sweat.  I mean - drip, drip, drip!  I was so sweaty doing my cool down stretches yesterday after my run/walk thing - sweat had dripped into my eyes while I was doing one of the stretches and it burned like the dickens!!  I have to say I'm a little excited about my new workouts.  Of course, everyone gets excited on the first days of anything, don't they?  So far, so good.  My butt is a little sore, but it's been worse.  The bottom of my feet were a little achy/sore when I first got up.  I thing that's because I was barefoot when I did the warm-up and military movement drills in the basement.  The basement floor is pretty much carpeted concrete - a little padding underneath, but typical basement flooring - so  I think that was just a little too hard on my feet.  I'll be sure to wear shoes the next time I do those.  The hardest part is just remembering everything.  I have the training book downloaded onto my Nook, so I can just scroll to the pages I need and look at the pictures (a lot!)  Hopefully, I'll learn them fairly quickly and won't always have to refer to the manual.  Today's workout is different from yesterday - so, yay!  :)

Warm Up:
   - 4 for the Core
        Bent Leg Raise*
        Side Bridge*
        Back Bridge**
        Quadraplex**
   - Hip Stability Drill
        5 reps each side
           Lateral Leg Raise
           Medial Leg Raise
           Lateral Bent Leg Raise
           Single Leg Tuck
           Single Leg Over - hold 20 seconds each side
   - Conditioning Drill #1 - listed yesterday
        5 reps each
           Bend & reach
           Rear lunge
           High jumper
           Rower
           Squat bender
           Windmill
           Forward lunge
           Prone row
           Bent leg body twist
           Push-ups
*Hold each for 1 minute - if you can't hold, go back to starting position rest for 1-2 seconds and try again until you reach 1 minute
**Hold for 5 seconds each leg, alternating until you reach 1 minute

Activity:  Conditioning Drill #2
                   2 sets
                      5 Push-ups
                      5 Sit-ups
                      2 Pull-ups

Cool Down:  Stretch Drill - hold for 20 seconds each
   Overhead arm pull
   Rear lunge
   Extend & flex
   Thigh stretch
   Single leg over

Sounds like a lot, doesn't it?  I already know Conditioning Drill #1 doesn't really take that long and it doesn't look like any of the other stuff will either.  I'm thinking total time of 30 minutes?  Sounds about right!  To quote yesterday "Let's do this!"
*************************
Wow!  I have to say I am surprised at how tough some of these exercises are - especially since they're considered "warm-ups"!  The side bridge is ridiculously tough - I was quivering!!  AND I couldn't go the full minute, but only 35/40 seconds before I had to drop and start back.  It's going to be fun watching those improve!  The back bridge would have been tough except you alternate your legs every 5 seconds - so that made them better, but still...tough!!  I am doing real, "boy" push-ups and still count them even though they aren't all the way down to the ground - they have never been down to the ground, so I'm okay with that.  I have seen improvement in the fact that I can start off doing 2 without stopping, which is really like doing 4 for normal people - why does the Army use a 4-count?  I like the sound of 4 better than 2!  :)  My sit-ups are still good, it's just weird counting differently.  Pull-ups were attempted, but I can now at least bend my elbows when doing a pull-up.

I'm really looking forward to seeing my progress and improvements.  It's very strange counting differently (no more counting down - that would be too confusing!) and not going as fast as I can to get a good time.  Strange, but still fun!





   

No comments:

Post a Comment