Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Sore as hell and back for more!


Sore as hell and back for more!  YES!  Yes, I am!  Sorrrrrrrrreeee!!!  OMG - this is ridiculous!  So...last night, my butt started aching (surprised, right?) - then it was my right shoulder blade area (but in all honesty, that has been kind of achy for about a week) - this morning?  My abs are SOOOO sore!  I know it's from the knees-to-elbows on the floor from yesterday.  I left my bar in the basement from the day I did Military Movements and also pull-ups.  I've seen several versions of knees-to-elbows on the floor and I do not do the ones that are like planking, then bringing a knee to an elbow - alternating legs.  That one just seems too easy to me.  I lay on my back on the floor and grab onto something over my head - normally my treadmill - then bring my knees up to my elbows and straightening my legs back out but I do not put them all the way down on the floor (about 6 inches off).  This simulates the actual knees to elbows from the bar, but jeez-Louise are my abs sore today!  I could feel them burning yesterday when I was doing them, but I was okay for my sit-ups so I didn't think too much about it.  Well, I'm thinking about it today!  :)  I was also SO tired yesterday after working out.  It's because I did not have lunch before working out and I could not believe how exhausted I was.  I even took a nap (50 minutes) yesterday afternoon and still went to bed at 10:30 and slept all night!  VERY unusual for me - if I ever take a nap, then I'm either up really, really late or I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep.  My body was just tired and it showed even while working out - I wanted to just stop so bad.  So...no more working out earlier in the day without a decent meal in my body!

I did not go see my little Addy yesterday.  The wheelchair guy was here for about an hour and half and still could not repair the joystick.  Wouldn't you think if you were going to repair a joystick (knowing this without a doubt) that you would throw an extra one in your vehicle to have "just in case"?  Yeah, me too - but apparently they don't think like I do.  It appears the issue is the on/off button is worn out.  He said he had a "loaner" one at the shop I could use until a new pad arrives and even suggested I might want to just go there myself today and pick it up since it would probably be quicker than waiting on them to bring it to me.  My first thought?  THAT is what I wanted to do in the first place!!!!   AARRGGHH!!  I'm just so frustrated with them - mostly because Hayley is missing school while we're trying to get this repaired.  You can put her chair on "push" mode, but it's SO heavy - 400 lbs with her in it.  Her teachers will NOT push her around the school.  Luckily this is just the beginning of the year, but still...it's crazy!  Okay...enough ranting.  Back to my workout!

I'm a day behind on the HIITMamas workouts this week.  I'm sticking with those for the week, then next week I'll see what I want to do. 

5 Rounds for Time:
   21 Sumo Dead-lift High Pulls w/20 lbs
   21 Bench Dips

I'm also going to do the walk/run Army training thing on my treadmill today since it's a short, quick workout.  So, I'll be doing 5 rounds of walking 4 minutes then running 2 minutes.  I got this!
*************************
First of all, let me say that I SO did not want to work out today and was trying really hard to come up with legitimate reasons why I wouldn't.  Don't worry...I got it!  I made myself get up and go work out - telling myself "I'll just do HIITMamas and no treadmill."  So,  I did that workout and that was tougher than I thought it would be and yes...my biceps are quivery and sore!  Then, when I stood up my butt was not as sore as it was (I'm guessing the sumo deadlift high pulls loosened it up) and neither were my thighs (ditto with the SDHPs), so I thought "what the hell!" and got my lazy butt on the treadmill.  I then decided not to do 5 rounds of walking 4 minutes and running 2 minutes, but I did do 5 rounds of walking 2 minutes, running 1 minute.  This brought me up to .84/mile, so I walked until I hit the 1 mile mark.  YAY me!  I feel so much better right now!  Crazy how that works out, isn't it?  lol

HIITMamas workout time:  9:01 (!)
Treadmill time:  17:52, 1 mile total

Can't wait to see what's in store for tomorrow!   I do know I'm going to see my little Addy and we're taking her to meet her great-grandmother, but I have to be back before 2:00 since that's when I have to pick up Hayley from school.  By the way - the wheelchair is working now!  The "loaner" joystick did the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment