Tuesday, August 13, 2013


Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans - John Lennon.  I love this!  It seems that lately things have gotten in my way, when in actuality it's just life.  I feel so bad about not getting all of my work outs in, but sometimes things happen and it just doesn't work out the way I want it to.  So, I'm just going to let it all go and do the best I can.  I know "life" will settle down soon and I'll be back in my normal groove and everything will right itself.  Argh - obstacles!!  :)

As you can see, I did not work out yesterday.  Honey-buns was at his mother's all afternoon and I finally heard from the wheelchair people.  They were going to try to fit us in yesterday afternoon/early evening, but apparently couldn't.  I didn't want to be in the basement working out, nor upstairs working out because I can't hear the doorbell.  Anyway, I should have just risked it because they didn't make it after all.  So, it looks like they are coming today sometime before 1:00 - which means they should NOT interfere with my workout time.  

Sounding a little wishy-washy here, BUT...I think I'm going to do CrossFit workouts this week.  I plan to do the one HiitMamas posted yesterday, because it was a "compare to".  I love those!!

Filthy Fifty - or Fat Fifty as Mamas called it
   Jump rope
   Burpees
   Wall Ball
   Back extensions
   Push press, 20 lbs
   Knees to elbows
   Walking lunges
   Kettlebell swings
   Sit-ups
   Box jumps

We did this workout on January 29th, so I looked it up on my blog.  It took me 31:35 to complete, using 24 lbs for push press, 15.5 lbs for kettle-bell swings, 4 lbs for wall ball, and I did knees-to-elbows on the floor.  I'll use the same amount of weights again today, but I will do the knees-to-elbows on the bar instead of the floor.  Gosh, let's hope this turns out okay!  Last Tuesday was the last time I worked out!
******************************
So...I got my workout done early because I'm hoping to head to Katy's house to visit my beautiful granddaughter after the wheelchair guy leaves.  I figured I go ahead and do it, since this is a kind-of planned but not planned event!  lol  I have to say...wow...so depressing!  My time totally sucked compared to last time - 1/29/13 time of 31:35; today's time 35:41.  Four (4!!!) whole minutes worse!  I will admit I was hoping Honey-Buns would come knocking on the door telling me wheelchair guy came early just so I wouldn't have to do those box jumps at the end!  MAN!  I've really got to get back with it - let this be a lesson to y'all.  Don't stop working out or you'll suck again just like me!!  Oh well...looks like I'm back on this horse!  Giddy-up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment