Friday, August 30, 2013

Army Fitness Test #1


Some days in life are to test how strong you are.  Well...that's what today is - Army Fitness Test Day!!  Yayyyyy!!  I will admit, I'm not looking forward to running two miles today, but I am looking forward to seeing if any progress has been made towards my goal.  I really, really, really hope there has been!  I'm also planning on checking my measurements today as well.  I'm really, really, really, really hoping there's been improvement there, too!!!  ;)   I think that's what brings me down about running - knowing I am working my ass off, sweating like I don't know what, only to see I burned like 150 calories.  I think treadmills should get rid of the "calories burned" button - THAT is depressing!!  I feel like I burn thousands of calories whenever I run - sweat drips in my eyes, my arms and hands get sweaty, my knees get sweaty - hell, even my feet get sweaty!  lol - Oh well, what is it I always say?  It is what it is.  :)

The last time (and first time) I did the Army Fitness test, my scores didn't even make the chart!  Anyway, this is what I was able to do on July 15th:

2 mile run - 34:07 
   - needs to be done in 24:00 to make the minimum passing grade of 60

2 minutes of:  
   - push-ups - 1 Army (2 regular) - 10 Army (20 regular) needed to make the minimum grade of 60
   - sit-ups - 16 Army (32 regular) - 30 Army (60 regular) needed to make the minimum grade of 60

Like I always say...let's do this!
*************************
Can you say PR???  Can you say it twice??  How 'bout three times???  I can!!!!!!  WOO-HOO!!!  Very happy girl - I could be even happier, but I am just TOO tired right now!  lol

2-mile run - 33:27 - I didn't beat my time by much, but I DID beat it by 40 whole seconds!  Woot-woot!!  I ran the first 200 meters, then walked 100 meters, and ran 100 meters all the way through to the end.  So, obviously I need to run a few more meters each run segment and walk less.  Duh!  ;)

2 minutes of:
- Push-ups -
4 Army (8 regular) - these were un-modified "boy" push-ups.  According to Army guide lines you have to start your count over any time your knees or stomach touch the floor.  I started strong (for me, anyway) and did eight in a row, but stopped and rested.  I did periodically try to do more, but my arms were just too tired!  I would get in 2 or 3 at a time, but overall not a whole lot more.  VERY happy with my "4"!!
-Sit-ups -
22 Army (44 regular) - I do not do these with my feet anchored, instead I do CrossFit (butterfly) sit-ups.  I'm very happy with these as well.

Overall - yay me!!  Who doesn't like progress?  Y'all have a great Labor Day weekend!!!  Look for my post of updated stats, as well.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment