Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I'm tired, sore, and don't want to go to the gym...

I'm tired, sore, and don't want to go to the gym - which is exactly why I'm going to go in and dominate!  Don't ask me why, but I love this!  Maybe 'cause it applies to me on practically a daily basis?  hmmm....lol

I am sore today - WAY more sore than I thought I'd be.  I'm very pleased with my workout yesterday.  I SO did not want to run, but I'm trying to incorporate some sort of run into my workouts every day.  I figure I'll never get better at it unless I do it, right?  I don't know about you guys, but whenever I do four rounds of anything, it's the third round that gets me!  I just really want to give up and quit.  I tell myself over and over, one more round after this...one more round after this.  What is it about that third round?  I forgot to mention yesterday, but after I completed the first round I thought to myself "maybe I should increase the weight - that was almost too easy", but then by the last round I was like "I'm so glad I didn't increase the weight!"  Man - were my shoulders sore last night!!  There's a little twinge in them and my upper back (across my shoulder blades) - I definitely know I used some muscles yesterday!  My feet didn't want to get going this morning either.  I stumbled into the bathroom this morning, but after that they were okay.  I guess it was just those first few steps...I don't know.  My crazy body.

I'm doing another HIIT Mama workout today.  They're calling it "Linds", but CrossFit Brand X calls it "Linda".

For time:
   10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of...
      Deadlift w/60 lbs
      Bench Press w/20 lbs
      Clean w/20 lbs

I know I'll use 50 lbs for the deadlifts and 24 lbs for the bench press and cleans.  I'm also planning on doing some sort of run/walk on the treadmill today as well.  I'd like to go for 1 mile, but it will depend on the time it takes me to do today's workout.  I don't believe it will take that long, but you never know with me!
*************************
9:34 - I'm happy with my time today!  That was a good workout!  I did get on my treadmill beforehand, doing a total of 1 mile in 17:54.  Sounds bad, I know but the first quarter mile was nothing but walking and slow walking at that.  I started at 2.5 speed and bumped it up .1 every minute, ending on 3.0.  I then started running and ran for 200 meters, walked 100 meters ran 150 meters up until the last quarter mile - then I ran 100 meters, walked 100 meters.  Believe it or not, it wasn't my breathing that was getting to me today - it was my legs!!  They just did not want to move!  My calves were so crampy by the end of the mile - I was really glad to have it over with!! 

I did all deadlifts with 50 lbs.  The bench presses and cleans were both done with 24 lbs.  I actually worked up a great sweat doing this today!  

Another day of working out is always a good day!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment