Monday, September 9, 2013

I can.

I can.  Enough said!  :)

I hope you all had a great weekend - I  know I did.  The humidity was gone for the weekend and even though the temps reached almost 90, it was actually a pleasant 90!  Sounds weird, doesn't it?  The humidity here is beyond ridiculous - it makes me sweat like I don't know what, it totally ruins my hair (which has just enough natural curl in it to go wacky), and it's just plain ass hot!  I did not work out on Friday, Katy and I went shopping for Addy - got some great deals, then I cleaned bathrooms on Saturday morning, went racing on Saturday night (Honey-Buns came in 2nd), did absolutely nothing yesterday until Katy called to see if we could babysit while she and Andy went to the shooting range and out to eat (of course we said yes!), then we babysat our angel (who turned 1 month old Sunday, as well) until around 9:30.  It was a great weekend!

I'm doing the HIIT Mamas workout today:
   4 rounds for time
      Run 200 meters
      11 thrusters w/ 20 lbs
      Run 200 meters
      11 push press w/20 lbs
      Run 200 meters
      11 bench press w/20 lbs

I haven't yet decided if I'm going to do this as rx'd, or if I'm going to cut the running distance.  I think I will more than likely cut the running distance, but I'll see when I get up there.  It's not that I can't run 200 meters (I can) - it's that I don't see me running 200 meters so many times in one round.  Yes - that sounds like a cop-out, even to me - we'll see.  Maybe I'll pull out a Super-Berta!  lol
*************************
I did!  :)   I modified the running a little bit, but I finished - yay!  Don't you just hate (or love) that moment in your workout when you are just like...forget the timer, I'll be doing good just to finish this!  Then, you absolutely love the moment when you realize it's the last round and you KNOW you are going to finish, so you kick it in just a little bit because of the timer!  lol  It really is a love/hate relationships, isn't it?

Here's what I did:
   4 rounds for time:
      Run 200 meters
      11 thrusters w/24 lbs
      Run 150 meters
      11 push press w/24 lbs
      Run 100 meters
      11 bench press w/24 lbs
   Total time:  34:54
   Total treadmill time:  15:58

I did a slow, walking warm-up on the treadmill (not included in my time) before starting.  I just walked 1/4 mile, then I started the timer and started running.  I finished on the treadmill at 1.13 miles, so after I finished my workout completely I got back on and walked slowly (again, not included in my time) until I reached the 1.25/mile mark for a total of 1.5 miles on the treadmill.

Great workout, but I am SO sweaty!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment