Monday, September 23, 2013

I do because I can.

I do because I can.  I can because I want to.  I want to because you said I couldn't. - If there is ever a sentence that sums me up, this is it.  What is it about being told you can't/won't do something that makes you want to prove others wrong?  I call it my "Na-nana-boo-boo!" attitude...you know, what you used to say to others when they couldn't catch you?  I should shorten that to "Na-nana-boo-boo-titude!"  lol

Wow - what a crazy, busy week/weekend!  Last Thursday was spent cleaning, cleaning, cleaning - and yes, my house is spring-cleaned now!  ;)  Friday was fun, but SO busy!  When Addy arrived, she was wide awake so, of course, Grammie just HAD to play with her!  Honey-Buns took Hayley to school and picked up all of my paperwork from the truck yard because it was Addy's diaper change/feeding time at 8:15/8:30.  I finally made it down to my office around 9:30, spent forever (or so it seemed) just catching up on all of my filing before starting the billing and payroll.  Honey-Buns called me up around 10:45 because he couldn't get Addy to stop crying.  His cell phone rang and it transmitted through the baby monitor into her room and scared the crap out of her while she was sleeping.  So, I got her calmed down and went back down to the basement to finish up work.  I finally finished around 12:30, then it was all Addy, all afternoon!  You forget how busy newborn's can keep you!  lol  Anyway, I hope to be back on track today.  If nothing else, I can push her in her stroller through the neighborhood.  We have lots of hills - BIG hills - no small ones here!  lol

Today kicks off my CrossFit anniversary week!  Tomorrow is one year - yay!!!  I'm waiting until next Monday when I do my second Army-fit test to measure.  I'm supposed to do my Army-fit test this Friday, but you have to rest the day before, so I think I'm going to switch it to Mondays so I don't miss any workout days since I rest on Saturdays and Sundays - especially since I've missed so many days lately anyway.  Can't wait!

HIIT Mamas/similar to Brand X:
   For time -
      50 front squats, 20 lbs
      100 sit-ups
      25 front squats, 30 lbs
      50 knees-to-elbows
      10 front squats, 40 lbs
      20 leg lifts

I might have to switch around my workout time, not really sure yet until I see how my schedule goes with a full week in.  I could always listen to my IPod with head phones instead of through speakers while working out.  Honey-Buns normally takes a nap after lunch, but today's workout doesn't look "noisy" so I might do it a little earlier.  I'll play around with it this week until I get into a groove.  :)
*************************
Well, we walked the neighborhood - or at least parts of it.  We were gone for 30 minutes and about halfway through Addy decided she'd had enough of the stroller and was pitching the most God-awful fit (real tears), so I took her out and the minute I did she quit crying and started cooing at me.  She loves it outside, just not in the stroller.  So, I did what any grandmother would do...I carried her and pushed the stroller at the same time!  lol - We'll try it again tomorrow.  I might need to get one of those carriers where I can "hold" her while walking.  It will be like wearing the weighted vest!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment