Monday, July 1, 2013

The only way to finish your workout is to start.


The only way to finish your workout is to start.  Yup...it doesn't get any simpler than that, does it?  You gotta start something in order to finish something.  :)

It is definitely a Monday this morning!  I did NOT want to wake up.  Of course, I woke up around 2:00 with my shoulder aching, so I got up and took an aspirin and drank some milk - then I couldn't go back to sleep, so I got back up and got my Nook and played Candy Crush (yes...I'm addicted) and read for a bit.  Finally, I turned my Nook off at 3:31 and went to sleep.  I had such a busy day yesterday!  First off, Honey-Buns and I slept until just a little after 9:00 - which would have been great, but our kids were coming over to celebrate HB's birthday (he turned 52 on Saturday) and a belated Father's Day since we were on vacation and celebrating our anniversary on Father's Day.  He requested ribs and homemade macaroni and cheese.  So, while the ribs were cooking in the oven, I was mopping my kitchen/dining room floors, then I had to get Hayley up and showered, then jump in the shower myself - so it was just go, go, go until 3:00 yesterday afternoon.  Had such a great time with everyone here!  Today is going to be a little busy as well.  I'm going with my daughter to her OB appointment this morning, since her hubby has to work and can't make it - his loss, my gain!  Then, we're kidnapping my mother-in-law and making her go to lunch with us - she's at the point in her life where she just wants to stay in bed and not get up or out, so we have to plan surprise attacks!  Then, it's off to my sister-in-law's house to help her plan the baby shower.  I'm getting so excited and can't wait to meet my little Addy!  Only 58 days to go!!

I'm sticking with the whole "day behind" deal with workouts, so what I post today is actually from everyone's post this past Friday.

CaliFit Mamas:
   5 Rounds for time
      5 Deadlifts w/40-60 lbs
      25 Sit-ups
   *Brand X posted this workout for last Monday, and puppies were to do 4 rounds for time*

Brand X
   rest day

CrossFit White Head
   "Luce" 3 Rounds for time
      Run 1 kilometer (.6214/mile)
      10 Push-ups
      100 squats

I believe I'm going to do the White Head workout.  I need to run (boy, do I need to run!) and I need to be really challenged on Mondays.  It just gets my work out week off to a great start when I have a hard workout scheduled on Monday.  My plan is to run (each round) the first 400 meters without stopping or walking, then to do some sort of run/walk combo until I reach .621/mile.  I will admit, I'm not looking forward to doing 100 squats per round, but I guess I'll just suck it up and get my "squat" on!!
******************************
Just got home, so...obviously no workout today.  I'll do this one tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment