Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I become a happier person the more I workout.


I become a happier person the more I workout.  Yes, I do!  It's crazy, isn't it?  I'm generally a positive, happy, upbeat person anyway but I do have my bad days.  I tend to feel extremely guilty and bad whenever I don't workout, so I try to not skip any workouts - well...Monday through Friday anyway!  I've tried to do stuff on Saturday and Sunday, but it's just weird.  I get pretty exhausted when I work out and am pretty much ready to go to bed anywhere from 9:30 to 11:00 every night whenever I workout.  When we're racing on Saturday nights, we don't get home until around midnight-ish, so I can't workout on Saturdays during race season.  Sundays are usually the day that I do absolutely nothing.  I even try to go ahead and go to the store on Saturdays so I don't have to get out of my pj's on Sunday.  I don't know why, but if I don't get my Sunday "nothing" day it just seems like my week is off.  I guess I'll need to get over all of that because I plan on keeping my little Addy as much as possible once she gets here - I can't wait until August 27th!!

I was exhausted after yesterday's workout!  It really did kick my ass.  I'm happy to say that I'm not as sore as I thought I would be.  There are a few little twinges in my butt from running and squatting, but it's not really bad at all - surprising!  I'm still excited about being able to do "boy" push-ups!!  It makes me smile just to think about it!

CaliFit Mamas:
   21-15-9
      Deadlifts w/60 lbs
      Front squats w/40-60 lbs

Brand X:
   10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
      Chest to bar pull-ups
      Box jumps, 30" (puppies use 12-15 inch box)
      GHD sit-ups

CrossFit White Head:
   10 Rounds for time
      15 Push-ups
      60 yd sprint
      Rest 60 seconds

I am choosing to do Brand X today, however I will tweak it just a little.  First, I'll do knees-to-elbows instead of chest to bar pull-ups.  I'll do some pull-ups after completing this workout, just to get some attempts in.  I've been doing "attempted" pull-ups and am getting better - I'm getting higher anyway!  I looked up some videos of GHD sit-ups and I believe I can use my weight bench for these.  I'll need to pull out my "chart of exercises" that came with the bench, but if I recall correctly this was one of them.  For those of you who do not know what GHD sit-ups are - you sit on some sort of bench, hook your feet in the little holder thingies (yeah, I know - I'm so technical here!),  lay back and do sit-ups.  One of the videos I watched was ridiculous!  This couple was doing a CrossFit workout that was burpees using this big (I'm mean tall, tall, tall) box jump, then they carried this heavy stone, then they did GHD sit-ups.  It was ridiculous how tall that box was!  They finished up by soaking in cold water.  Yikes!  I don't know if I'll ever be able to do that box jump they did - it was pretty impressive!  Then again, I don't know that I'll ever WANT to that box jump either - lol!!
*****************************
10:57 - WOO HOOOOO!!!  I set a personal goal of 10 minutes, so I'm pleased with what I did!  That was a hard, quick workout - but man....I am sweaty and breathing heavy!!!  Okay, so I'm thinking it wasn't too smart to change chest-to-bar pull-ups to knees-to-elbows.  I obviously wasn't thinking about those sit-ups and then turning around and doing k2e's.  WOW!  My abs are sore!  I'm so glad we were going "down" in reps instead of "up" each round.  I counted out all reps backwards - that really helps!  So...I did do the GHD sit-ups on my weight bench, but the way my bench is made, I could not hook just my feet and have straight legs.  I had to hook my feet under the thingies, then my knees went over another thingie, then I could lay back and do sit-ups.  I set my bench at a decline and it was very awkward when I first started, but I quickly realized I wasn't going to slide off of the bench onto my head and I just started knocking 'em out at that point!  VERY proud to say I could do ALL sets of box jumps without having to stop and take a breather!  My box is at 12" - it's a "step" at the highest setting, so I definitely need to get something a little bit bigger or find something to set my step on so that it will raise it up some.  Regardless, it was a tough workout and I'm glad I did it!  :)

I'm going to start listing what I listen to while working out as well.  Today's soundtrack:
AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - one of my favorite of all time!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PepRBMXKCFs

No comments:

Post a Comment