Friday, July 12, 2013


Pain is temporary, pride is forever.  I'm really trying to remember this...my thighs are still ridiculously sore from all of those squats the other day!  The pain really shows up when I come down the stairs or go down the wheelchair ramp we have in our house.  You know the feeling when your muscles are exhausted and they feel all quivery?  Yeah, that's what it feels like.  There's a twinge of pain whenever I go to stand up, but it's worse whenever I go down the stairs and ramp.  I really hope it gets better soon!  Note to self...the next time 200 squats are prescribed in a workout and they are split up into 4 rounds of 50, do NOT do them all at once!  NOT a good idea!!  ;)

I mentioned yesterday that I want to be "Army" fit by the end of the year.  I plan to do the fitness test on Monday, just to see where I'm at.  I'm going to incorporate both "boy" and "girl" push-ups on Monday, but my goal is to be able to do all "boy" push-ups by the end of the year.  I've been watching videos of their push-ups and sit-ups.  They have someone holding their feet on sit-ups or you can prop your feet underneath something.  I'm going to do them that way as well.  I know my 2-mile run is not in their time frame yet, so that's going to be the toughest for me.  But...it's a goal and I'm going to do my best to meet it!  I would do this today, but with my legs as sore as they are, I just don't think it would be a realistic test to see where I'm at.

Califit Mamas:
   "Dana" - this is really called "Diane" in the CrossFit world
      21-15-9
         Deadlift, 60 lbs
         Handstand push-ups
   *compare to 4/11/13

Brand X:
   Squat clean and jerk, 30 reps
      *women - 95 lbs
      *puppies - 45 lbs

White Head:
   "Smykowski"

I believe I'm going to do both CaliFit Mamas and Brand X today.  Sorry, White Head...I've had enough of "Smykowski"!  lol - Isn't it funny?  I don't think I'll EVER forget that workout!  Ha-ha!!  I finally can remember one - and it was brutal!!!!!!!!!!!  ;)

CaliFit Mamas is a "compare to" today.  I looked back at 4/11/13 and I did this with regular push-ups and knocked 51 seconds off of my time from the previous "compare to" date of 11/30/12.  I believe I am going to do modified handstand push-ups with this today, having my knees on my weight bench.  It's hard to do (I have attempted it before), but I figured since I have improved from the first time ever of doing this, I'll give it a shot.  Who knows?  There might be improvements the NEXT time I do this! 

11/30/12 - 5:32 w/"girl" push-ups
4/11/13 - 3:41 w/"girl" push-ups
******************************
So...I'm not working out today.  My legs are even more sore than earlier.  I'm just going to rest them as much as possible and take some aspirin.  Really hoping they get to feeling better.  Y'all have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment