Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Hand stand push-ups suck!


Hand stand push-ups suck!  I came across this shirt the other day and thought it was cute, don't you?  :)  Well, it's back to work today.  I have to say my hamstrings are still kind of sore.  I think it's from doing the yard work on Saturday, then climbing up and down the ladder on Saturday  night at the race track, and maybe (?) from all of the stairs yesterday.  At least I'm not as sore as I was last night when I went to bed, so that's a good thing!

Excited today - having lunch with two great friends to celebrate our birthdays!  One of my girl's birthday was July 12th, the other one is August 12th, and mine is tomorrow.  We always get together just the three of us and celebrate.  So, I'm super excited!  We just don't get together as much anymore like we used to.  You'd think that once your kids grew up and moved out you'd have all this time for your friends, but I think I'm actually busier without the kids at home.  How crazy is that?

CaliFit Mamas:
   21-15-9
      Wall-ball shots, 10 lbs
      Sit-ups
      Thrusters, 20 lbs

Brand X:
   Puppy weight/Pack weight
      20 Front squats, 10-25 lbs/95 lbs
      30 Box jumps, 12-15"/20"
      40 Kettlebell swings, 10-15 lbs/20 lbs
      50 Wall ball shots, 6-8 lbs/10 lbs

White Head:
   2 Rounds for time
       Run 400 meters
      15 Front squats
      15 Push-press
      Run 400 meters
      15 Power cleans
      15 Hand-stand push-ups or regular push-ups

I'm glad to see some running in one of the workouts today, since I had planned on doing just that!  So...I'm doing the White Head workout today.  My goal, right now, is to run all of the 400 meter runs - definitely as much of it as I can.  I know for a fact I can get one of them in without stopping, so I'm planning on really pushing myself and running as much as possible.  Y'all wish me luck!!
*************************
31:38 - So...so...so tired!  That was tough!  I so did not want to work out today, but I did and am really glad I did.  It's nice to do something that makes you sweat, huh?  ;)

I used 38 lb dumbbells with all of the weighted exercises.  I also did modified handstand push-ups...I had my knees on my weight bench and did push-ups that way.  I made sure my head touched the floor every time I went down, but boy!  My arms were so wobbly by the last five, I was afraid I was going to face plant!  lol

15:17 was my total treadmill time - I do believe that is a new PR for me for doing a mile!  I know you're not supposed to count it since it wasn't a solid mile, but still...I could always use a little ego boost!  lol  - I did not run 400 meters without stopping (bummer), but I did run 2 minutes, then walked for 1 minute, then ran until I hit the 400 meter (1/4 mile) mark.  So, of the 15:17 only 4:00 was walking and THAT is a good thing!!  For me, anyway!

Sweating great!  Feeling great!

Today's workout song:  Paradise City by Guns-N-Roses - FYI - this song started while I was doing a run segment.  I finished that run segment, did 15 front squats and push presses, and started another run segment before it was over!  That has GOT to be the longest song!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbm6GXllBiw



No comments:

Post a Comment