Monday, July 22, 2013

Help! I've run out of weekend!


Help...I've run out of weekend!  I don't know about you, but this is how I feel on Monday mornings...and Tuesday mornings...and Wednesday mornings!!  Can you tell I'm not a morning person?  lol

Well, another great weekend is in the bag, and now I have a busy, busy, busy week planned.  My goal for this week is to do laundry (it seems like that is ALWAYS one of my goals!) and to clean out the guest room - closet, drawers, etc.  My guest room used to be my daughters room before she married and moved out.  For some reason (girls!) she left some things that she just couldn't throw out due to  sentimental reasons and I've realized it's a whole closet full of stuff!  So, I'm going to get all of that boxed up and down in the basement for storage, then really clean up the room and carpet and get the crib put up and everything ready for my beautiful (I already know she's going to be gorgeous!) granddaughter, Addy!  I'm picking up one of my brother's from Atlanta on Thursday and he's going to spend the night, then we have to get up early on Friday morning and I have to take him to mid-Georgia for a meeting of his.  No one else is able to take him and my schedule is usually pretty flexible, so I told him I would do it.  I'm actually excited about getting in that room and cleaning it up.  I've been meaning to do it anyway, and since my brother is coming and going to be sleeping in there, I might as well get it done.  I finally settled on my choice for Addy's bedding and a new quilt for the guest bed and cannot wait until they arrive.  Don't you just love redecorating?  The best thing?  I don't have to paint!  Don't get me wrong - I love to paint, but only when I'm in the mood and I just haven't been in the mood yet.  Busy, busy, busy!

Well, today is a 5k training run day.  I'm still doing Week 1 training and will do it until I can complete it without holding on!  Last week, I made it to 4 rounds without having to hold on, so my goal this week is to beat that!  CaliFit Mamas is having a run day as well, so I will also do their workout with my run.

CaliFit Mamas:
   Run 1000 meters - .621/miles
   50 Thrusters w/20 lbs
   30 Pull-ups, modify as needed

Brand X:
   Rest day

White Head:
   *nothing new was posted on White Head's site*

As I mentioned earlier, I will be doing CaliFit today with my run.  I'm going to go ahead and finish my 5k training run before I do the thrusters and pull-ups.  I will note my time on the treadmill when I reach .621 miles, then start my timer as soon as I get off of the treadmill - which means I won't be resting and catching my breath as long as I have been since the timer will be running!  lol - Sounds like a great start for the week!
******************************
No running today - notice I did not say no workout today...I've been clearing out the guest room and it's closet.  I've discovered that my daughter is apparently a hoarder, but she probably doesn't even know it because all of her "hoarding" stuff was left in that closet!  lol  I made 8 trips downstairs and then down to the basement with boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes, etc.  Then, I made two trips downstairs with boxes and stuff to the garage to take to our local Goodwill.  It took me from 1:00 until 3:30 to do all of this.  All that's left to do now is to remove the leather chaise lounge chair out, move the crib in and put it together, replace the bedding, and install new curtains.  Almost ready for baby Addy!!  :)  Going shopping on Thursday when I go to pick up my brother in Atlanta - I'm going to swing by Ikea and pick up some curtains.  I love Ikea.  Right now, I only plan to buy curtains.  And curtain rods.  Hopefully  I won't see anything I can't live without, but since I have a birthday this week, it will be okay if I do!  :)

3 comments:

  1. I had such a busy weekend that I forgot to update the blog! So I just quickly posted on our fb page this morning...
    It was
    For distance:
    Run 40 minutes
    Do 10 burpees every 10 mins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! You're trying to kill us!! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figured you were on vacation or something like that, Jen!

    ReplyDelete