Friday, February 1, 2013


The gym...where fat is burned, and pride is earned.  This is how I feel after yesterday's workout!  I think I had the worst time yesterday, but I am SO proud of myself.  I can tell a HUGE difference in my running and that makes me smile.  I'm slowly getting there!  

I do have to talk about soreness...I know, I know - I'm ALWAYS talking about soreness, BUT I'm actually NOT sore this morning!  WOW!  I know, right?  ;)

Today's workout is NOT an easy one, even though today IS Friday! 
   For time:
      5 Knees to Elbows
      10 Deadlifts, 40 lbs
      15 CrossFit Situps
      50 Jumping Jacks
      5 Knees to Elbows
      10 Deadlifts, 40 lbs
      15 CrossFit Situps
      100 Jumping Jacks
      5 Knees to Elbows
      10 Deadlifts, 40 lbs
      15 CrossFit Situps
      150 Jumping Jacks
      5 Knees to Elbows
      10 Deadlifts, 40 lbs
      15 CrossFit Situps
      200 Jumping Jacks

I'm going to try to do my knees-to-elbows on the bar today.  I did them on the floor the other day and they were KILLER on my abs.  I haven't done anything on the bar since I hurt my elbow, so I think it's time to try it out again.  I have no soreness whatsoever in that area now.  Hopefully, everything will be good!
******************************
29:12 - NOT a good time AT ALL!!  I switched the jumping jacks around, doing 200 with the first round, then 150, then 100, and ending the last round with 50.  I had to stop A LOT during my jumping jacks for the first two rounds - my calves and my feet were cramping.  The calves I can work through the pain - it's not unusual for me for them to feel the "burn" first, but it normally goes away (which it did do), but the bottom of my feet cramping up were KILLING me!  I finally took off my shoes and footies and did the jumping jacks barefoot.  I really wish I had done that to begin with - it was SO much better and NO cramps.  Maybe something about shoes and the way my feet land?  I don't know, I just know it was a lot better barefoot!  I'll try to remember that the next time we have jumping jacks.

I was VERY happy with my knees to elbows - I got my knees to my boobs and actually was doing the "swinging" movement that you see in the videos.  I've never "swung" like that before - it was pretty stationary trying to bring my knees to my elbows, so a BIG improvement there!  

Deadlifts were easy - I used two 22 lb dumbbells, bringing my total weight to 44 lbs.  I really tried to focus on my form so I wouldn't stretch my back muscles and I think I succeeded!

Situps are awesome!!  I don't know why, but I always close my eyes when doing situps.  It just seems easier that way.  Silly?  Yup!  Does it work for me?  Oh, hell yeah!  lol

Oh - today starts Fab Ab February!  I did 10 situps, 4 pushups, and a 10 second plank.  I'll post the February workout in a separate blog.

I'll do my missed workout tomorrow, plus I plan on doing my run/walk combo on both days over the weekend.  Y'all have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment