Thursday, January 31, 2013

Run like Channing Tatum is waiting for you at the finish line.  I don't know about you, but MY Channing Tatum is going to be practically naked (picture him in Magic Mike)!  Yup...that's what I'm gonna do!!
;)

My son came over yesterday and we went to lunch, then he asked me to do his taxes and before I knew it, it was time to pick up Hayley from school.  Then we had a storm come through.  Both Hayley and my dog are scared of thunderstorms, so I couldn't go upstairs to exercise and leave them alone to be scared.  Needless to say, I did not workout yesterday so I will do that workout on Saturday.

Today's workout is a run...and a run...and a run!  lol - Did I mention we're running today?

For time:
   Run 800 meters (.497/mile)
   50 squats
   Run 800 meters (.497/mile)
   50 CrossFit situps
   Run 800 meters (.497/mile)

So...my plan.  I do think I will do the run like I have been doing my morning runs.  I'll run 8 blocks/walk 8 blocks, run 6 blocks/walk 6 blocks, run 4 blocks/walk 4 blocks, run 2 blocks/walk 2 blocks.  I've been doing this and then continuing to walk until I reach the 10 minute mark and the last time I did it I had gone .667/miles in the full 10 minutes.  I know I can do this at least once, but I am going to push myself to do it all three times.  I just might (actually I know I will) have to take a longer break before doing the squats and situps, but hopefully it won't be too bad.  So...I figure 10 minutes per run segment and another 5 each for squats and situps.  That's 40 minutes, so I'm going to set a goal of 50 minutes and really push to achieve that.  Y'all wish me luck!  Wouldn't it be awesome if Channing really was waiting for me at the end?  lol - Like I'd do anything with him...I'm a happily married woman for goodness' sake!!  lmao!
******************************
36:11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  SO proud of not only my time, but of ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So, I did the run 8/walk 8, run 6/walk 6, run 4/walk 4, run 2/walk 2.  Well, my first 800 meters were done before I was to complete my little run/walk thing, so I decided to finish my run/walk thing before stopping on the treadmill.  That put me at .630 miles with a treadmill time of 9:15.  I then did my 50 squats to the perfect song...Rob Zombie's "Never Gonna Stop".  It has the best rhythm to do squats to!!  Then, I got back on the treadmill and did another run/walk thing until it was complete, which brought me to 1.253 miles and treadmill time at 18:29.  I did my 50 CrossFit situps - got in 33 before I had to stop for a quick rest.  My abs must be sore from the filthy 50 on Monday!  Anyway, after finishing my situps, I got back on my treadmill for my last run.  On this one, I had planned to run 8 and walk 8 since that was all I had left, but I just couldn't do it.  So, I ran 4/walked 4, ran 4/walked 4 - I DID technically run 8!  ;)

Overall, I ran 48 out of 96 blocks doing it "my" way - so that's half, AND it's pretty close runs, so I am VERY happy with that!  OH!  ALL of my runs were at 4.9 and all walks were at 3.5.  I'm NOT gasping for breath, so I'm extremely pleased with that!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment