Monday, February 11, 2013

No one ever drowned in sweat.  That's good to know 'cause I KNOW I will be sweating today!  Yup...it's a run day!  A good way to start off the week, right?

I did not make up Friday's workout over the weekend, but hope to get it in one day this week.  Everyone's times were pretty short, so I should be able to do that with no problems - just not sure if I want to do it today or not.  I'll decide after my run!  ;)

For time, 3 rounds of:
   Run 800 meters (.497/mile)
   Rest 2 minutes

I'm going to do my run/walk combo - run 8 blocks/walk 8 blocks, run 6 blocks/walk 6 blocks, run 4 blocks/walk 4 blocks, run 2 blocks/walk 2 blocks.   This usually puts my at .62/mile, so I'll do that until I hit the 1.5 miles for today.  My time won't be great, but I'm not dreading running anymore, so that's progress!

I will do Saturday's Fab Ab workout before my CrossFit workout - 35 situps, 9 pushups, 30 second plank.  Then, I'll do today's Fab Ab after CrossFit - 35 situps, 9 pushups, 35 second plank.  I'll do the Friday's Fab Ab whenever I make up Friday's CrossFit.
******************************
It is a good thing you CAN'T drown in sweat 'cause I am sweating up a storm!!  Even my workout pants are soaked!  Man, that was awesome!  My time isn't that great, but that's because I rested for over 2 minutes each rest time.  

27:01 was my total time - 21:53 was my treadmill/actual running time.  On my first run segment, I did my usual run @ 5.0 speed/walk @ 3.5 speed - 8/8, 6/6, 4/4, 2/2 - that brought me to .626/mile in 9:07. I rested for just a little over 2 minutes this time.  Then I did my run/walk thing again, but I split it up even more - 4/4, 4/4, 3/3, 3/3, 2/2, 1/1 - same amount of running/walking, just split up into smaller amounts.  This brought me to 1.253/mile on my treadmill.  I'm not sure how long I rested then - I just know it was over my 2 minutes.  Then, I was going to do a 4/4, 4/4 combo for the last quarter mile, but when  got to 4 blocks I wasn't too tired, so I  thought...I'll go to 5.  Then 6, and I focused on my spot on the wall and when I looked down I was at 7 blocks, so I thought "what the hell!" and went ahead and did 8, then finished up walking the last 8 blocks.

1.5 miles = 96 blocks
48 blocks, running
48 blocks, walking

I did do today's Fab Ab workout - 35 situps, 9 pushups, and 35 second plank.  I had planned on making up last Friday's workout afterwards, but just could not do it.  Too tired!  But, it's a good tired!  :)


2 comments:

  1. Awesome progress!! Don't you love it!! :)
    There are times I feel like I may drown in sweat too! Lol like the days the back of my hands even sweat! ;)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - the backs of my hands ALWAYS sweat! My kids think I'm a freak because I'm the only one they know that does that!! I hope you have a good week as well - stay warm!!!

    ReplyDelete