Friday, February 15, 2013


Run like Ryan Gosling is waiting for you at the finish line.  I'm using this today because Jenni used a shirtless picture of Ryan for today's CrossFit inspiration picture and I thought I'd continue it!  Don't you just love Ryan Gosling?  ;)

My knee seems better this morning - that's a good thing 'cause we are running today!  I need to look up stretching exercises to do before running and start doing them.  I don't normally stretch, just jump on the treadmill and go, but I really don't want to injure myself so I guess I'll try to do things the "right" way...whatever that may be.

I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day.  I did - even got to spend some time with my 23 year old son since he locked himself out of his house, although it's kinda my fault for that.  My son called yesterday to wish us a Happy Valentine's Day while I was working out.  Honey-Buns told him we had his Valentine gift, so my son said he would come by and pick it up.  Well...when he walked out of his house and closed his locked door, he realized he had left his car keys and house keys inside.  He called us to bring his spare car keys (luckily he did not take them with him when he moved out!) and he came over here and stayed until his roommate got home from work.  Another lucky thing - his roommate was working in Atlanta instead of Augusta (which he's been doing lately) or there would have been a call to the landlord or locksmith.  Boys!!  Anyway, it kind of screwed up our "nighttime" lovey-dovey plans, but it's all good.  Honey Buns ended up with a migraine and went to bed to sleep it off.  I can't complain too much - he DID cook supper and cleaned up the kitchen!  :)

Okay - sorry for the sidetrack.  Today's workout:
   Run 1000 meters (.621/mile)
   50 Thrusters w/20 lbs
   30 Pushups

I will do my 8/8, 6/6, 4/4, 2/2 run/walk combo.  Normally I end up at .626/mile whenever I do that.  That usually takes me just a tad over 9 minutes and I'll factor in 5 minutes for thrusters and 5 minutes for pushups - so my goal time is 19 minutes or less.  Wish me luck with that!

Today's Fab Ab workout:
   50 Situps
   15 Pushups
   40-second plank

I haven't decided if I'm going to do an additional 15 pushups or count what I do in CrossFit.  I'll wait until I start my Fab Ab and see, but will more than likely do additional.  It can't hurt, right?  :)
******************************
14:46!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm SO proud of my time!  I'm not too far off of everybody else...yes, I know, I know - don't compare yourself, but dammit I AM comparing today!  lol  ;)

I did my run/walk combo of 8/8, 6/6, 4/4, 2/2 with my treadmill time coming to 9:07.  I ran at 5.0 speed and walked at 3.5 speed.  I felt like I could have bumped up the speed on my running, but didn't want to because I wasn't sure how my knee was going to feel.  It felt fine, by the way.  I think I either had too much weight doing deadlifts yesterday, or I just had bad form.  I'm thinking bad form because I've used that much weight before (44 lbs).  No problems with my knee at all today.  Even my lower inside calves aren't too achy...they are achy, but nothing like they have been!  That's always a good thing!

I made sure to keep my toes up while doing thrusters, keeping my weight on my heels while going in the "squat" position before "thrusting".  Sounds so nasty, doesn't it?  lol   I used two 12-lb dumbbells - total of 24 lbs.  I was able to make it to 22 before I had to stop and shake everything out.  Then, I went to 35, 45, and the wobbliest 5 more to make it to 50.  My left arm is ridiculously weak!

Pushups seemed really hard today and that surprised me because I've been doing them every day with my Fab Ab workout.  I made it to 18, 24, then 30.  I really thought they should have been easier!

I did my Fab Ab workout of 50 situps (2 sets of 25) and I did do an additional 15 pushups which seemed easier than the ones for CrossFit...maybe because I was a little more rested and not so out of breath?  I don't actually know, but that sounds good!  Again, I could not do a 40-second plank.  I only made it to 36 seconds today - I really tried to push it, but unfortunately my "pushing it" part started at 29 seconds!  AARRGGHH!!  Soon...soon.  Just you wait!

1 comment:

  1. Boys, you got that right?!? lol
    Stretching, it's actually best to stretch really well when you are done working out. Because, then your muscles are warm and pliable. It does help a lot, especially after a run...
    Before a workout, you should really just warm yourself up a bit, do some jumping jacks, arm rotations, hop up and down, or whatever to get your muscles ready for what you are going to put them through. You should be able to find lots of stretches online :)
    Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete