Thursday, February 7, 2013


Spot me, bro!  I thought this was cute.  I need a mood picker-upper today.  It's rainy outside and I'm SO sleepy!  I did NOT want to leave my warm, comfy bed this morning!!

How crazy is it that I feel bad for not doing my run/walk combo yesterday?  I kinda feel like I didn't do my workout - even though I did do the CrossFit workout AND the Fab Ab February workout!  It's insane, that's what it is!  lol   I will do my best to get my run/walk combo done today.  :)

Today's workout kind of confused me when I first looked at it.  Could it be because I'm SO sleepy?  Well, never fear...I read the two comments from other Mamas and it just clicked in my head.  Let's see if I can explain it the right way, though.

I am to do 5 cycles of as many rounds as possible in 3 minutes (resting 1 minute in between each cycle):
   3 power cleans w/30 lbs
   6 pushups
   9 squats

Thank goodness for early birds working out, or I never would have understood this!  Once I saw the "score" of others, I got it.  Are we sure it's not Wednesday?  I really feel like I have Wednesday brain going on!!
*******************************
WOW!  THAT was tough!!!  Sure...it looked easy and sounded easy when said out loud, but in this case, looks were definitely deceiving!  I just knew I could do 5 rounds - easy peasy, but NOPE!  NOT even once!  :/

Cycle 1 - 4 1/3
Cycle 2 - 4 2/3
Cycle 3 - 4 1/3
Cycle 4 - 4
Cycle 5 - 4

Since I like to total things up...
   Power Cleans - 13, 13, 13, 12, 12 = 63 - ALL with 36 lbs :)
   Pushups - 24, 30, 24, 24, 24 = 126
   Squats - 36, 36, 36, 36, 36 = 180

UNbelievable!!  The totals always sound better, don't they?  You have to admit, though, that if Jenni said do 63 Power Cleans, 126 Pushups, and 180 Squats you would think "NO way in hell!"  That's why I like to total it up.  Sounds crazy that not only CAN I do that, but I DID do that!  lol

I did do my run/walk combo - 8/8, 6/6, 4/4, 2/2 - .626/miles - 9:08.  I debated doing this before or after my workout, but am glad I did it before because I know I would have talked myself out of it if I waited until after!

I also did the Fab Ab workout for today:
   30 situps
   7 pushups
   25 second plank

So, that brings my total pushups to 133 for today!  My plank today was ridiculously wobbly.  I had planned on doing a "real" pushup from my plank position like I did yesterday, but there really was nothing left in my arms to even attempt it!  Great workout today!!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment