Wednesday, February 6, 2013


It's not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude.  I find this to be SO, so true when it comes to box jumps!  Sure, it sounds easy to do - just jump on that box! - but it is actually hard to do! I still remember the first time I did box jumps...I couldn't even jump onto a 6" box without losing my balance!  AND it was hard to make sure both feet land ON the box - sometimes I would land with one or both feet hanging on the edge, which of course would make me lose my balance.  I always made sure to position my box where I could grab onto the credenza for balance after jumping!  Now, I'm jumping onto an 11" box and I place in the closet doorway where my bar is located (I took the door off specifically for the bar), and I will grab onto the door frame occasionally for balance.  I don't know if you're supposed to or not, but I don't jump off of the box - I always step down.  I use an adjustable aerobic step and currently have it at the highest level.  I need to see if I can find a box that's higher so I can eventually make it to the requested 18" mark!

Well,  gee...wondering what's in today's workout?  Yup - you guessed it!
   For time:
      20 front squats w/40 lbs
      30 box jumps, 18" box
      40 kettlebell swings w/15 lbs
      50 wall ball shots w/10 lb ball

Looks like a fun one!  I'm also going to do my run/walk combo (8/8, 6/6, 4/4, 2/2) which is normally a little over half a mile.  Also, today's Fab Ab is 25 situps, 7 pushups, and a 20 second plank.  Most of my favorite exercises today - perfect for Hump Day!  :)
******************************
6:15 - Not as good as most of the Mamas, but close.  I'm happy with it.  The only thing I could have done to improve my time was NOT get a drink of water after the squats (those were done in 45 seconds), and I could have sped up my box jumps - but other than that, I don't think I could have cut my time anywhere else.  I don't know how I could have improved on my kettlebell swings - I went as fast as I could and did not stop at all doing those.  Nor did I stop with the wall ball shots.  I'll take it!

I did not do my run/walk combo thing.  Honey-Buns has a doctor's appointment at 4:20, so I was in a bit of a hurry today.  Thank goodness it was a short workout, right?

However, I did do my Fab Ab workout.  I use a timer app on my Nook HD, and apparently my Nook's battery was low and I could not time my plank.  I just did the old "one-thousand, one" deal until I got to 20, then I started over and did it until I got to 5.  I wanted to make sure I was doing a full 20 second plank.  I then thought, "why not see if you can do boy pushups?"  So, I tried and did ONE.  Yes, one.  AND, it was a wobbly one on the way up!  But hey!  You gotta start somewhere!  lol  :)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment