Thursday, January 17, 2013


Do the best you can and do not look back.  This is what my plan for today is because guess what?  Yep...it's a run day!  But not a "bad" run day - it's one of those "as many rounds as you can", so that shouldn't be too bad, right?  Right.  I can do this!!

Complete as many rounds as you can in 20 minutes:
   Run 400 meters (1/4 mile)
   21 Deadlifts, 30-50 lbs

My plan is the same as always for this week - run 9 blocks of every 1/4 mile segment and walk the rest.  I need to tighten up my belt on my treadmill before I work out today - I almost tripped on it on Tuesday whenever I would slow it down to a walk - it's just loose, so gotta look for my Allen wrenches and get it tightened.  

I am not sore this morning, so hopefully the soreness will be gone.  I normally take an aspirin after working out and this seems to help a LOT with soreness/pain.  I know I always complain about the running exercises, but I am seeing a difference in my breathing, so I am very pleased with that.  I'm hoping to purchase some more AC/DC now that they are for sale on I-tunes, so they'll help get me moving!
************************************************************************************
4 rounds!  Well...I'm claiming 4 rounds.  The timer went off when I was on the last "block" on the treadmill, so I switched it to stopwatch mode and finished up the 4th round.  I only went over 1:26!!  I'm happy with that!  I set a goal in my head of 4 rounds - thinking I could do each round in 5 minutes, so I wasn't off by much.  I would have probably completed it in 20 minutes, but I forgot to put on my workout gloves for the deadlifts.  Sounds crazy, but I can actually do better with my gloves on when using my dumbbells.  I'm not stopping to dry my hands - Hey!  It works, okay?!  :)

I also used 50 lbs for my deadlifts - two 25 lb dumbbells.  I thought I'd start at the max and lower it if I needed to, but I didn't need to!

I ran 9 blocks every 1/4 mile (400 meter) segment and I ran at a speed of 4.8 - up from 4.7!  I walked at 3.5 - that seems to be my max walking speed.  I did not/could not run the 9 blocks all at once on rounds 3 and 4 though.  Round 3 I ran 6 blocks, walked 3 blocks, ran 3 blocks, and walked the remaining 4 blocks.  Round 4 I ran 5 blocks, walked 3 blocks, ran 4 blocks, and walked the remaining 4 blocks.  I think this was because I didn't stop and rest as much during the workout because I really wanted to get at least 4 rounds in, so I just kept going.  So proud I didn't half-ass it!!!  :)  But please, no running tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment