Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I came across this the other day and it made me laugh so hard!  I shared it with a couple of pages I follow on Facebook and the comments were spot-on!  I think what makes this so funny to me is that in the early 90's I was a member of a gym and went religiously everyday to an aerobics class and I actually wore several outfits like this!  Can you imagine?  I went out in public in this - I would just throw a jacket or sweatshirt on and go.  Crazy!  SO Jane Fonda-ish!!!

Well, I am glad to say I started the new year off the right way and did not skip my workout.  I was talking on the phone with my sister-in-law yesterday and I was telling her everything I needed to do and working out was one of them, she just said "Oh, you don't need to workout today."  I thought, you know...that's the kind of mentality that keeps couch potatoes on their couch!  So, I was very glad to workout and sweat, and yes!  I did feel better afterwards!  :)

Today's workout is for time, 21-15-9 reps of:
   pushups
   bench dips
   CrossFit situps

Excited to see this is one I can AS RX'D!  Ahhh...the joy, the joy.  :D

I forgot to mention this yesterday, but you all know I did the Squat-A-Thon for December, well there's a new fitness schedule for January as well.  Don't worry - it's not all squats.  I just glanced at it, but I'm not even sure squats are involved at all.  Anyway, I will do yesterday's and today's exercises from that.  I'm just calling it January Fitness. 

January 1st - plank for 30 seconds
Today - 10 pushups - lucky for me, pushups are part of today's CrossFit, so I can count those!  :)
*******************************************************************************
6:36!!!!!!!!  Woo-hoo!!  Most times are between 4:?? and 9:??, so not too shabby!!!  The bench dips were killing me, though!  Pushups weren't too bad, and I'm SO proud I can do CrossFit situps and I will admit I did not need to rest at all during the situps - yay me!!

Since this was such a short workout, I also did workout #1 on my stationary bike, keeping it between 16 and 18 mph.  I rode 8.24 miles in 30 minutes and burned 160.6 calories.  It felt like a LOT more than 160.6 calories!!!

I also did the 30 minute plank that I forgot to do yesterday and let me just say...that was hard!  I was staring at that timer, begging for 30 seconds to hurry up and get here!  I'm counting the pushups I did with CrossFit against my 10 pushups I was to do today.  So, technically that was 4 workouts today.  Whoo-hoo!!!  I wonder what's in store for tomorrow?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment