Thursday, January 3, 2013

Every excuse IS a choice to fail!  I came across this yesterday and thought, you know?  This is SO true!!!  It made me think of all the times my husband would ask me "Are you working out today?"  I would sometimes say "Yes, but I don't want to" and he would suggest I take a break, saying it was okay to have a day of rest.  I would think about it and always came up with the same result - it's just lazy not to.  And honestly, very few workouts I have done take more than 30 minutes to complete.  Actually, very few take 30 minutes to complete, so really - there is no excuse NOT to do them.  About the only time I skip a workout is when my day is super busy and I just run out of time, but honestly?  I could do them after supper if  I really wanted to, but by then I am being too lazy!  I do make up missed workouts on the weekends though (and that's only happened a couple of times), so it's all good!

Today's workout is for time:
   Run 1000 meters (.621/mile)
   100 CrossFit situps
   50 Thrusters, 20 lbs

As of right now, I will break this workout up into 4 segments with each segment looking like this:
   Run .15/mile
   25 CF situps
   Thrusters segments - 13, 13, 12, 12

I'm planning on doing it this way for two reasons - I'm not a runner yet and I would rather run the entire run that have to do a run/walk thing, so this will allow me to run it all (I hope), which will also keep me from having a sucky time.  And - I know I would have to stop and rest (a lot) while doing the situps so this will help with that as well.  I know we're not supposed to break the exercises up, but isn't better to run than walk?  lol - That's my reasoning and I'm sticking to it!  :)
********************************************************************************
21:30 total time

So, I asked on CrossFit Mamas for opinions regarding running (and hating it) or walking fast at inclines (and loving it) and was answered by only one "mama" who is a personal trainer and said it's best to do what you love, but to try to throw in some 30 second sprints while doing it.  So, I compromised and ran for 1:30 at 4.7/mph, then I slowed down to 3.5/mph and started went up an incline every 30 seconds.  After doing the 10 incline (the highest), I started coming down an incline every 30 seconds until I hit my distance goal of 1000 meters (.621/miles).  I ended doing a 3 incline and went all the way down to 0/1 and stopped.  My treadmill time was 10:15.

I decided to keep the situps and thrusters split into segments I mentioned this morning.  I did 25 situps, 20 thrusters, 25 situps, 10 thrusters, 25 situps (struggled after #66 overall), 15 thrusters, 25 situps, and 5 thrusters.  I used 24# dumbbells with my thrusters.  My situp/thruster time was 11:15.

My abs are sore!!!!  Looking forward to tomorrow!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment