Monday, January 14, 2013

If you think a minute goes by really fast, you've never been on a treadmill!  This is SO, SO true!  At least for me anyway.  lol  It doesn't sound like a lot to do run on a treadmill for a minute, or plank for a minute - but doing it is crazy!  I know...those of you who are runners and are fit or somewhat fit probably don't get it.  It comes so easy for you guys to just up and run or whatever, but you have to remember...I'm 5'3" and weigh 248.  I'm NOT a skinny girl and I haven't been a skinny girl for a LONG time.  I know I keep harping on running and sucking wind, but in my case it's true.  I'm improving and that makes me happy and proud.  I started running an 1/8 mile every day last week - that's usually 1:34 minutes.  And when I say run, it's at a speed of 4.8 - but that's better than when I started 16 weeks ago.  I ran at a speed of 4.2 back then, so a definite improvement.  I also noticed by the end of last week I wasn't looking at the treadmill screen as often waiting for my 1/8 mile to be over AND my breathing was better.  This week I will run 1/8 mile plus 1 block on every day that a run is not already scheduled.  I'll get there, I have faith.  :)

Today's workout is pretty simple:
   150 wallball shots w/10# ball

I never did make up the two rounds I quit on from last Monday.  I will do them after today's workout - I was going to do them yesterday, but it became a lazy, football watching Sunday.  My Falcons and Patriots BOTH won!  Woot-woot!
***********************************************************************************
5:44!!!  A lot of people did thrusters, but I stuck with the plan and did wall balls and let me just say...my shoulders are KILLING me!!  ;)

I also ran 9 blocks (1/8 mile, plus 1 block) on the treadmill at a speed of 4.7 for a total time of 1:50.  I know I said I would make up those two rounds from last Monday, but I really did not want to even work out today, so I chose to do just the run.  I know, I know...excuses - but I DID do something!!

No comments:

Post a Comment