Tuesday, January 8, 2013

It's a new day, push it to the limit.  Just what I need...a new day!  I feel so bad for not finishing yesterday's workout, but honestly, there was NO way I could finish.  My legs were SO like jello!  I will finish those last two rounds this week.  I will do it after we have a short, quick workout.  If we don't have one, then I will finish it on Saturday.  Who knew I would feel so bad for not completing a workout?  I know I'm not the only one, but really?  I don't care about those other folks - just about me.  And I HATE the fact that I stopped!  I HATE feeling like a failure.  Actually, no I don't feel like a failure because it was a hard workout and I completed over half, but I'll be so glad when I am in shape/fit enough to just go and blast all workouts out, just like I'll be so glad when I can just jump on my treadmill and run a mile.  No stopping, just go.  That is my main goal...to run a mile without walking/stopping.  I actually hope to beat that goal.  I mean, come on, if I could run a mile why couldn't I run 2 miles?  :)

Today's workout is to complete as many rounds as you can in 20 minutes of:
   5 reverse pullups
   10 pushups
   15 squats
   20 CrossFit situps

It makes me smile to know I can do ALL of these exercises, so I'm curious to see how many rounds I can do.  I was watching The Biggest Loser last night, and saw how they struggled doing situps and thought "I remember when I couldn't do a CrossFit situp".  I was showing (or trying to show) Honey-Buns how to do a CrossFit situp and I couldn't even get up.  I was like, "See, this is why I stick my feet under my treadmill!"  But now, I can do CrossFit situps and that alone is a big accomplishment for me!

I'm also going to run an 1/8 mile today.  I'm doing 1/8 mile (8 blocks on my treadmill) until I can do it completely without holding on (I normally have to grab on at 7 blocks), then I'll increase it a block or two.  What is crazy to me is the fact that I can run this in 1:30-1:40 (depends on the speed I use on the treadmill) and that doesn't seem like a long time to the normal person, but to me it seems like forever!  I've been running at 4.7/mph which is WAY faster than when I started 3 months ago.  I used to run at 4.0, so that's not too bad, right?

Also, today's January challenge workout is 45 seconds of planking.  Yikes!  Wish me luck!  :)
**********************************************************************************
6 complete rounds, but I went 22 seconds over 20 minutes!  I was going for 10 rounds, quickly realized (after completing my first round) that 8 or 9 was more realistic.  Then, I was just shooting for 7 - but I'm okay with 6.  I am VERY proud to say I did not have to stop and rest during ANY of the exercises, but I did stop in between exercises for water and my "sweat" rag.  I also, did my situps after the pushups so I could just stay on the floor - ending each round after completing the squats.  My situps slowed down considerably after the 4th round.  I would get to the point where I would think "I'm going to stop and rest for a sec", but then I would be on like #15 and kept telling myself to suck it up and finish - so that's what I did.  My inner elbow on my right arm is sore.  If I straighten out my arm and turn my palm up, it hurts on the inside.  I think I've strained it somehow doing the pullups - that's the only time it gave me any pain, so I'm icing it tonight and hopefully it will be better.  Wondering if I should get an elbow brace, but will wait and see what's going on with it first.

I also ran today like I said I would.  4.8/mph for 1/8 mile and it took me 1:36 to complete.  One step closer to being a runner!  :)  I did my run before today's workout and made sure I rested completely before starting today's workout.  By that, I mean I was breathing normal. 

I planked for 45 seconds and I must say I was not as quivery as usual.  Planking came after today's workout, too!  So, very surprised and pleased with that!

All in all - a great workout today!  :)


2 comments: