Monday, May 20, 2013


You don't have to go fast...you just have to go!  My motto!  ;)

I hope everyone had a great weekend, I know I did!  It's been SO rainy here, but luckily the rain held off on Saturday and Honey-Buns was able to race.  Happy to report that he won again - that's four in a row!!  So proud of him.  Working out is my stress relief, his is racing!  Yeah - it costs WAY more than mine does, but that's okay.  I love getting my "redneck" on once a week!!  And trust me...it IS redneck!  SO much drama at the race track - I just love sitting back and watching it all unfold.  lol   Thunderstorms rolled in overnight Saturday into Sunday.  Our dog, Molly, is deathly terrified of thunderstorms - so we had to put her in bed with us (in between us) and it was the most uncomfortable sleep I've had in awhile.  Molly slept great once she calmed down - you should have heard her snoring!  The things we do for our animals.  :)

CaliFit Mamas:
   3 Rounds for time
      - Run 1000 meters (.621/mile)
      - 50 Thrusters w/20 lbs
      - 30 Push-ups

Brand X:
   "Helen" for puppies
      3 Rounds for time
         - Run 400 meters
         - 15 Kettlebell swings, 15-25 lbs
         - 9 Pull-ups

Today's CaliFit (yes, I almost typed CrossFit) is a "compare to" and you know how I love those, so that's what I'm going to do - even though it's a version of what I did on Friday.  I hope I do as good as I did on February 15th, but not sure I will because of how I've changed my running speed/style.  I'm even changing it up more today.  Do you remember me talking about the Color Run or 5K training run chart?  Well, I've done it off and on before for week 1training, however, I was doing it incorrectly (my memory sucks!).  Anyway, on Week 1 you were supposed to do 8 rounds of running 1 minute, walking 90 seconds at least three times a week.  I was running 1 minute, walking 1 minute.  Anyway, I'm going to move on to Week 2 training, which is 7 rounds of running 2 minutes, walking 1 minute.  I'm going to start doing this today.  I don't know how far this will take me, so I'll do it all the way up until I hit 1000 meters.  If I hit 1000 meters before I'm finished with 7 rounds, I'll stop my timer and complete the run, then start it back up and complete today's workout.  I think doing the Week 1 training really helped with my running farther, so it would be interesting to see how this goes.  I know it will be harder, but I'm going to do it no matter what!  You know?  That should be my motto since I say it all the time...No Matter What!  lol

I looked back to my blog on February 15th and this is what I did in my 14:46 workout time:

- Run 1000 meters - I did my little run 8 blocks/walk 8 blocks, 6/6, 4/4, 2/2 running, with my treadmill time being 9:07 - running at 5.0 speed and walking at 3.5 speed
- 50 Thrusters w/24 lbs
- 30 Push-ups

Interesting....let's give it a go!
******************************
Unfortunately, I'm not able to do this today.  I believe I am getting a bladder infection, and cannot stay out of the bathroom today and I hurt!!  Saving this one for tomorrow.  :/

No comments:

Post a Comment