Wednesday, May 22, 2013


Strength doesn't come from what you can do, it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't.     :)  I LOVE this!   It is pretty awesome to do things that you couldn't before (like me and CrossFit sit-ups) or to just beat yourself on times.  Love, love, love it!!

Not a whole lot going on today - it's Wednesday and I'm SO sleepy, but I know that will go away shortly.  I will admit, I like having that extra 10 minutes of "snooze" time now that school is out, but I still did not want to get out of bed this morning.  I probably would have hit the snooze button one more time, but my bladder was yelling at me to get up - so I did!

I'm doing yesterday's prescribed CaliFit Mamas workout today.  This is actually working out pretty well for me this week - keeping the days in order instead of saving my missed day for the weekend.  So far this week, CaliFit is just one day behind Brand X - so I'm able to post my times/workouts at both sites.

CaliFit Mamas:
   3 Rounds for time
      - Run 400 meters
      - 21 Kettlebell swings w/20 lbs
      - 12 Pull-ups

Brand X:
   Weighted Pull-ups  3-2-2-2-1-1-1-1-1

My plan is to run the entire 400 meter segments, so it will be interesting to see my time.  Hopefully it won't be too bad - most of the Mamas have been anywhere from 12-20 minutes.  If I run all of the segments, that should be 10.5 minutes or so on the treadmill alone.  So...add in another minute for each of the other two exercises, multiply times three and you get 16.5 minutes total.  Then, factor in breathing time of another minute per round and I'm looking at 19.5 minutes.  Wow....looks like my goal is 20 minutes or less.  Yikes - really....wish me luck!  :)
******************************
20:24 - I did not beat, nor meet, my goal time but I wasn't far off, so I guess I'm happy with that.  I ran the entire 400 meters for round 1.  I walked the first 100 meters on round 2, then ran the remaining 300 meters.  I ran 1 minute, walked 45 seconds repeatedly on round 3 until I finished.  My treadmill time was 11:26.

I used 22 lbs for kettlebell swings and was surprised they weren't too heavy - I figured I could drop it down if I needed to, but it was unnecessary - happy for that!

I did band-assisted pull-ups on the first round, but they took up so much time for me to get my foot in that I decided to just attempt pull-ups for rounds 2 and 3.  Round 2 was way better than round 3, but I was pretty exhausted by the time round 3 pull-ups rolled around.  I am getting up higher than before - the tops of my ears are almost even with my elbows.  At least, I think that's good.

I need to start adding run segments to my workouts, so I don't lose what I had gained.  Not sure if it is just me not being 100% this week, or if I'm regressing with my running.  It's probably a little of both.  Oh well...there's no where to go but up!  :)  Great workout, today!  I am sweaty, sweaty, sweaty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment