Friday, May 17, 2013


The CrossFit Woman's Creed...I am a CrossFit woman.  I am invincible, and you could be too.   I came across this yesterday on the web and thought it was pretty cool, so I thought I'd share.

I don't know about you, but I am SO glad it's Friday!!  Even though it doesn't "feel" like a Friday - it's been a crazy week for me.  My schedule has been all wack-a-do - that's really thrown me off track.  Hopefully next week will be back to normal.  :)

It took awhile, but I finally found the new and improved CaliFit Mamas workout.  Normally, the blog shows up on my page for "blogs that I follow", but earlier I had the message "your blog is has been moved and is no longer available", so I went to the Brand X website and got their workout written down.  Then I came back to my page and CaliFit was showing up there, but when I clicked on it to go the their page, it wouldn't show up.  Luckily, I could see today's workout - it was just all jumbled up with everything else.  I at least have the workout and figure the page will be up and going shortly.  I get the whole "don't use CrossFit in your name" deal, but really - what was she hurting?  It would be different if CrossFit didn't make it so easy to find their workouts online FOR FREE!!  Anyway....back to business.

CaliFit Mamas:
   7 Rounds for time
      7 Deadlifts w/40 lbs
      7 Knees to Elbows

Brand X:
   "Jackie"
      Row 1000 meters*
      20 Thrusters w/15-20 lbs
      20 Pull-ups

I'm going to do Brand X's workout today, since it's a "named" workout.  One of my plans for my exercise room is to take all of the "named" CrossFit workouts, print them out and frame them.  Then, I hope to write down my times on the frame glass and push for improvements every time they're prescribed - just to have a visual of my progress, and something to put on the walls of my workout room.  I found on Pinterest (don't you just love Pinterest?) a project that we actually use in our basement office - where we just frame colored/printed paper and we use dry-erase markers on the glass - it makes a great, cute (and cheap) dry-erase board.  I was surprised by how well it works - just something I would have never thought of myself.  So, I want to do this for the workouts and keep my best time written on the glass, until I "beat" it!

I looked up appropriate substitutions on Brand X's website and discovered the recommended substitution for rowing is Sumo Dead-lift High Pulls and get this...you do 1 SDHP for every 10 meters prescribed, which means 100 SDHP.  It also recommended using 35-45 lbs for those as well.  My plan is to scale down the weight - since the recommended weight was for "Big Dawgs", so I'll use 24 lbs which is what I also plan to use for the thrusters.

It felt so good to get back in my workout room yesterday, and I'm really looking forward to today as well.  I really would like to do both workouts, but don't see that happening after 100 Sumo Dead-lift High Pulls - maybe I'll do Mamas over the weekend?  We'll see.  :)
******************************
WOW!  6:27 - I have to say...I'm impressed!  I did both the Sumo Dead-lift High Pulls and Thrusters with 24 lbs.  Maybe next time I'll go up on the weight just a little bit, but very glad I didn't do that today.  Talk about "feeling the burn"!!  I definitely felt it doing the SDHPs!!  Wow, it hurt!  Something funky is going on with my left elbow.  Everytime I would come up into the "high pull" position, it would ache.  Not sure if it's just tired/sore or what - it felt fine going into the straight position and bending doesn't hurt it - it was just going up higher.  It felt normal during thrusters and pull-ups.  Oh!  Pull-ups were assisted with a band and I'm very happy to say, I got at least 8 inches off of the ground!  Slow up and slow down - so much better than before!  I love "barefoot" workouts and today was a barefoot day!  I thought about putting on some shoes and getting on the treadmill, but decided not to today.  I plan on doing today's CaliFit workout tomorrow, so maybe I'll run on Sunday.  Who knows?  Y'all have a good weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment